“Always Perfect (18 years later)”

Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #687 of 3,871 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been going to Trudy's since I moved to Austin in 1994. It's always been one of my favorite places. A previous beau and I actually had our own table (#43) before they remodeled. Love to sit on the patio. My favorite menu item is migas and beef fajitas. So yummy!!!! And the house margaritas are incredible. Great memories at Trudy's!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Overall fun and pleasant place to eat and / or drink. Full bar and fun waitstaff, nice place to hang with friends, meet up, or have a simple bite.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

bad..cant (or wont) push tables together, so make sure you dont take anymore than 8 in your party unless you dont mind being split up....loud....had the breakfast buffet (i mean the food in the corner) and it was mainly mexican food with a few breakfast items thrown in. For $13 would have liked a omlet station....server forgot friends lemonade and friends beer. After being asked several times friend went to the bar (that was right next to us) and got it himself. No bacon on the buffet (really?). Most food was just ok.

good....quick except for getting the bill...stuffed avocado amazing...and that is pretty much it. It was recommeded by a native and I have come to realize that Austin is not a town for foodies. Won't go back.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was recently in Austin on a spa trip with girlfriends and one of our girls was local and took us to Trudy's. There was a wait but they had a bar maid who got us drinks while we waited for our table. One of our friends suggested the stuffed avacados... OMG yummy!! It was such a great meal and the obvious favorite of the locals I had to repeat the receipe at home. Mine however is not a great as Trudy's, but OMG what a great meal!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

First - Trudys is my go to place when in town. Second - skip this location as they DO NOT have it together at all. Crowds flowing everywhere...over one hour wait on a weekend afternoon. We found a place upstairs which was first come and sat. And sat...and sat....and sat. Waiter was overwhelmed. Took over 30 minutes to get first order of drinks. Second round sat and sat and sat at the bar for over 15 minutes before the waiter got to them. Meal came - oh, but waiter totally spaced out one person totally. 25 minutes later that person saw their meal.

Food - excellent! Drinks - excellent! Service - sucked at this location. Sure the person had their meal taken off ticket, but it should not be this way at TRUDYS. Just avoid this location unless you "flat out have to"

Been to Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!