“Ole'”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: South Austin
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great food, friendly service and mucho gusto margarita's!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Trudy's menu has something for every one and is very tasty. Worth the visit when in Austin, Texas.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My sister took me here my first night in Austin. We got there about 9pm and the place was hoppin. Fortunately there wasn't a wait for a table and we sat outside on the enormous covered patio. We both had Mexi-Martinis ($9 for a huge serving!) that were really good. I had the Carnitas Quesadilla. It was decent, they definitely weren't the best carnitas I've ever had, but they were tender and good enough that I finished the plate! My sister had some kind of chicken burrito with cheese sauce and peppers that she really liked, although it was so huge that she had to take half of it home. It wasn't very pricey either, our total bill was around $40 including the martinis. It was a good time and I would go back.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

The service was excellent, the atmosphere was good, the drinks were okay, the food (although marvelous sounding by the menu's description) was not up to what we expected. Actually compared with the Trudy's of 1978 in Austin, it was horrible. My husband's burrito was dry. The artificially looking "sauce" poured over it didn't run down the sides and puddle in a gooshy goodness on the plate~it just sort of sat on the top like a funky orange gel. The cheese sauce on my "Ciro's Special" looked and tasted like the nacho sauce from the little league snack bar. My mom got a Shiner infused meat filled chili relleno that tasted as bad as it looked (more orange gel). We all enjoyed the beans (in a tiny bowl) that were served with our meal. The rice looked dry so I didn't try it. My mom and husband only ate one forkful of theirs. I will not go back and that's too bad because it is in a convenient place to where I live. I guess they are banking on the explosion of subdivisions surrounding the property for business. If this is what Austin's Tex-Mex has turned into, I'm glad I moved away!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food was really good! Server was really helpful. Outside seating too.

Been to Trudy's South Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!