“Outstanding French Bistro”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was our second visit to Arro, and this was as good as the first. The cuisine is excellent, with varied selections available. The three course dinner is an outstanding value at $25. The service is good overall, with all dishes being served at appropriate times. The wine menu is good with diverse selections (all French). This will become one of our "return to" choices for local dining.

There are newer reviews for Arro

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was one of the worst dinners I've had in a restaurant in recent memory. The space is, without putting too fine a point on it, uncomfortable. Stark is an understatement. Worse still was the food. Without going into too much detail, imagine a seafood stew with scrapes of salmon, bones and rubbery clams and mussels. When I sent the stew back I got a fatty lamb shank completely lacking in flavor. It was down hill from the beginning. Maybe I ate there on an off night, but given the plethora of restaurants in Austin, I wouldn't waste my time the next time I am in town.

1  Thank Suds R
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This pleasant French restaurant on rapidly expanding 6th Street in Austin is obviously trying to please its clientele. This showed in the constructive comments by our server, Chris, and by the quality of the food. It is a pricey place, so I recommend checking the menu on their website to make your assessment of the value. Portions are small. Wine selections by the glass are limited, and servings are small.
Be aware that bread servings are a la carte and expensive if one just wants a normal serving of a slice or two.
Their croque monsieur (French ham and cheese sandwich) is quite good. It could be improved by a small second layer of béchamel cheese lightened by mixing with cream to be a sauce.
The mixture of grape tomatoes and herbs in the sauce for mussels is an excellent idea.
Parking is difficult.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This place treated us horribly. I wouldn't return and you shouldn't come here either. They told us 30 min wait, after 30 min said it would be another hour, with open tables.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had several delicious cheeses with french bread followed by delicious mussels. The service was excellent. Simple but beautiful setting.