“Great spot for Happy Hour!”
Review of The ABGB

The ABGB
Ranked #273 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Had my first visit to ABGB last night for a happy hour and for sure will go back! We got there early (around 4:30) in order to get a table as we were having around 10 people meet us for happy hour. It wasn't very busy when we got there but it was pretty busy when we left around 7:30. Parking was easy at first but our friends that arrived around 6 struggled to find parking and had we not gotten there early to get a table we would have had a hard time all sitting together. But what this means is that this place has good food and good beer and pretty decent prices which is why it gets so busy! Contrary to what some folks have said about the service, we found the service to be really good including at the bar, with our food bring brought to us and with folks picking up empty glasses and plates. The staff were friendly and nice. My boyfriend got flights of five different beers and we had several food items from pizza to the cheese plate (where we got extra crackers just by asking) to the olive plate and the bacon wrapped peppers. My friends had a variety of food and drinks and everyone seemed happy. This place will be added to our happy hour list of spots to go... but we will just make sure to get there early!

There are newer reviews for The ABGB

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick drink and a bite to eat before heading back to San Antonio. I had the Stuffed Portobello with Spinach and Smoked Gouda and a Summer Melons Summer Ale and my husband had the BLT and Fried Egg paired with an Industry Pils. Our experience was pleasant, the staff was friendly the food was tasty and most important of all the beer was cold!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This place has good beer and good food. Apparently great pizza enough to bring in every family that has children under the age of eight. I have never seen more babies in a beer garden than I have today.

I'm okay with nursing mothers that do it I public. I think it is not fair to have to 'eat' my meal (as a baby) in a restroom. that would be gross... So knock your lactating self out.

I just found it odd that a nursing mom would whip out the breast and attach a suckling child to it while in the middle of a beer garden.

I must assume Mama Beer makes a tasty treat.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

One of our favorite places, but we always go during prime time- and it makes the experience and vibe a bit lacking sometimes. Hopefully they will not be a victim of their own success! The beer selection is good- all brewed by them. They have a few specials here and there, but very good IPA and Pils staples. I like the pizza- a perfect accompaniment for me.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

They have a good amount of seating inside and outside. They have live band on weekends. They offered flights of beer with 7 different beers to try.

Been to The ABGB? Share your experiences!