“Still enjoyable”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Have been going to this cafe since it opened but it had been awhile since I had been there. Went for breakfast and really enjoyed it. Their stuffed french toast is yummy and you can get half portion.

One thing -- the music was up too loud and was difficult having a conversation. It's close to home and always enjoyable.

This is a casual place where you order at the counter and your meal is delivered to the table.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Chicken Salad Sandwich- best ever. They also had Dublin Dr. Pepper in the fountain!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We visit here at least once a month, 4th Mondays typically to hear John Steinman & Rick McRae play jazz guitar in a very informal setting. Conveniently located in a strip mall at Brodie and Slaughter in SW Austin the Galaxy has great food items all day long. On Monday evening we had the Fish Wraps ... crispy fish, crunchy veggies in a spinach wrap. I had the seasonal turkey chilly as my side and my wife had sweet potato fries as hers. The service is friendly ... order at the register and they bring the food to the table when it is ready ... usually in a short time. The food is consistently good, the music is always enjoyable so what's not to like?

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I went for Valentine 's dinner. The chicken tortilla soup was very flavorful and satisfying. Our entree's came out promptly and were excellent. We left glad that we had chosen Galaxy Cafe.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The decor is like late 60's sci-fi. Very slick and stylish. You check the menu as you wait in line, then place your order at the counter. Try the sweet potatoes, YUM! I was really impressed by the handcrafted soft drinks they had to choose from, none of that typical Coke/Pepsi corn syrup garbage. My grilled chicken club was excellent.

Been to Galaxy Cafe? Share your experiences!