“The Best Tex-Mex in Austin!”
Review of Jorge's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burnet Road
Transit: The bus stops on the corner of Burnet and Hancock drive, less than a block from the restaurant.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Jorge's is a great place for great food and drinks! They have an outside sitting area, as well. You can get your typical dishes, but then they have their specialties that are out of this world (the Tampico is my favorite). It's not crazy expensive, and it doesn't take long to feel like family. Gilbert, the manager is a great guy and he makes sure you are treated right!

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I have been to most of the Tex Mex places in town and Jorge's is our clear favorite. A couple reasons:
1) All of their beef, pork, and chicken is free range, grain fed, and antibiotic free - you are not going to find that at very many Tex Mex places - especially with the reasonable prices that Jorge's has!
2) 3 words: Asada de Puerco - their version of this pork dish is off the chain good. All of their seasoned meat dishes like the carne guisada plate are good - you can get all three on the Antonio Banderas plate.
3) Their tequila lime wings are delicious!

I don't usually write reviews about restaurants in our hometown, but Jorge's flies under the radar as Tex Mex everyone should know about. If your out of town, you'll have to drive to get there, but sit out on the patio with a margarita and those wings and I promise you won't regret it!

Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I go here almost everytime we are in Austin. His fav is act of congress - cheese enchiladas rice beans and a couple of corn tortillas. I love the fajitas, fajita salad & chalupas. The meat always has a wonderful flavor, veggies are fresh or the don't serve them and of course the hot sauce - I could drink it!!! Made fresh sometimes hot sometimes hotter but you can't stop eating. Very reasonable, we can eat there for 20-25$