El Azteca Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Kyle, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the salsa and chips...always my measure of great Tex-Mex. Good portions although fajitas could be a bit larger but the taste was awesome.

Visited June 2014

Kyle, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed April 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Owners are great. They seemed to take personal concern in our experience and the salsa was fantastic.

Visited April 2014
Comfort, Texas
“Great food at a good price”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the place on recommendation of a friend. Would have passed it by otherwise. Atmosphere is definitely not what you go for, but the salsa is to die for, and the pork and cabrito were excellent. Frozen marg was, well, a frozen marg. will return for a post game meal, for sure.

Visited November 2013
Texas
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've lived in Austin for over 40 years. After moving here I made an effort to visit every Tex-Mex restaurant in town. While there are many that I missed, it was not long before I kept migrating back to El Azteca. This is a great town for Tex-Mex and El Azteca is the best of the best. Starting with the chips and hot sauce made fresh daily, it cannot be beat. Queso? Not the cheesy velveeto variety that is so prevalent. This is also made fresh daily. Beef enchiladas - best in town. Chicken mole enchiladas - for the first 5 years, that is the only dish I ordered and it is still wonderful. Since then, I've expanded my preferences to the point that I no longer have a preference. Everything on the menu is terrific. Just order and you cannot go wrong. This restaurant has been in the same family since it opened in 1963 and is now celebrating its 50th anniversary. How many places can you name that have been producing a great product by the same family (now in its third generation) for 50 years? Do you need any further recommendation than that? It's the best of the best! P.S. Before submitting this, I was prompted to state when I visited and the sort of visit. I've visited weekly (often multiple times per week) for more years than I can count, so I checked off April. I've been going here with my wife, my family, my friends and on business, but had to check only one. So, I checked business. I've introduced many friends and business associates to El Azteca who are now also loyal fans. My family is just as loyal.

• Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
“Don't pass up this local treasure”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Long-time residents of east Austin have known the friend that is El Azteca. I finally made it over for lunch a few weeks back and enjoyed every minute. It's not a fancily-decorated restaurant but I found it more homey and laid-back, very "Austin". Our service staff was extremely prompt and informative, even letting us try a super-hot hot sauce since we're foodie daredevils! hahaha The chips and salsa are irresistible and we went thru about two cup's worth! Don't let the exterior fool you, it may not be the shiniest building on the block but it's reasonable in cost, large portions and quality food.

Been to El Azteca Restaurant? Share your experiences!