“Carnivore's Delight”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Austin, Texas
“Carnivore's Delight”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Before my son became vegan, we counted 12 animals that have their lives for our last meal there-and it was an amazing celebration of food down to the rattlesnake cakes. More recently, my husband & I celebrated an anniversary with dinner at this, his favorite restaurant It was hard to contain my rapture with the presentations of the food and the deliciousness of every bite. I'm afraid my husband thought I would soon sound like Meg Ryan in that diner and others would be saying "I'll have what she is having". The cozy rooms, attentive staff and laid back atmosphere ( no one scolded me when I suddenly realized the knob I was playing with was affecting the lights in the next room) makes for an Austin experience of unique fine dining. Be bold, ask for something you have never tried and you will be rewarded -down the rattlesnakes and venison. But leave room for dessert and enjoy a drink at their bar in preparation of the feast you won't forget

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank n g m

Tampa, Florida
“Amazing Dinner Experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

An amazing dining experience with very friendly staff. The dishes were amazing and well portioned. The elk and duck were perfectly prepared; tender, very flavorful and the sauces complimented each dish to enhance the natural flavors of each. The extensive wine list was great with a variety of price points to fit most budgets.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nick C
Bonner Springs
“Worth the price”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

When they say hill country cuisine, I was not sure what to expect. It essentially means that they use local game in a large portion of their dishes. The entrees were creative and very good. They update their menu quite often so it is worth checking it out several times a year for the seasonal changes. The deserts were very good as well. The dark chocolate dipped pecan pie and Japanese cherry carrot cake were really outstanding.

• Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“I have now dined there twice since 2005...”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

...and this place has not changed; I am "definitely" not a fan of their entrees. The atmosphere is lovely but the dress code (for Austin) needs to be "stepped up" for such an expensive restaurant! The wine expert did not give me a choice that even closely resembled what I would like in a white; their barbeque sauce is still terrible; and the choices of game I obviously do not like. It was on a date, thankfully I didn't have to pay! However, the best part was their dessert; I had the creme brullee which I enjoyed, yet all-in-all, overall it just was still not worth the high prices.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank lnraug1
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
“A restaurant with personality”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice Father's Day dinner at Hudson's. Although it's rated fairly highly in Austin it is easy to get a reservation. The decorations, outdoor swing and garden are uniquely Austin!
Be prepared for very good food in very small portions. There are a plethora of wines and the chef will cook any way to meet your needs (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.).

• Visited June 2014