“A wonderful celebration”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I called the restaurant to make a reservation for 7 of us, for my dad's 80th birthday. I was a little apprehensive because my parents are not adventurous eaters. They gave us a small private area for our dinner and fussed over my dad. They even recreated a favorite cocktail for him at the bar. Dinner was delicious!! My parents were thrilled. We would plan another special occassion here!
The only difficulty is that it is not very handicapped friendly. The walk way is long and uneven, making in hard for people with difficulties to navigate.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner at Hudson's on the Bend. While a little bit outside of town, it was definitely worth the drive! Really inventive, flavorful dishes and a really cute atmosphere. We shared 6 things at our table (mostly apps) so we could taste as many of the menu creations as possible. The crab cake, game enchiladas, and trout were the standouts (trout was beyond amazing).

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate there on a coupon. Food was appealing, tasted good and was presented well. After eating there I was told by a legitimate source a VERY dirty kitchen and food not being prepared safely. I'm going to skip eating here again. Too bad because I have more $ left on my coupon.

1  Thank jcheline
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hudson's is one of our favorite restaurants in Austin. You can find us here on holidays, special occasions, when guest come to town, and when we want something extra special. Their 3 and 5 course menu is yummy and they really know how to pair their wines with each meal. Save room for dessert!! Their wild game is delicious as well as any of their fish entrees. Frequent flyer of this restaurant since 2003. Love the atmosphere of the house and it's really fun during thanksgiving and xmas when they hang tons of apples from the ceiling!

1  Thank AdventureGirl0623
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We only go to Hudson's once or twice per year and it remains a special treat. The service is excellent, the atmosphere is cozy and romantic and the food is always special. This time we had the smoked duck diablos, hot and crunchy soft shell crab, pecan smoked duck breast, seared pheasant breast and a bottle of 2008 Tetra blend. Everything was prepared perfectly and the wine was perfect with these dishes.