“Hill Country cuisine at its finest”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Austin, Texas
“Hill Country cuisine at its finest”
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I have always enjoyed my dining experiences at Hudson's on the Bend. The homey atmosphere is charming and warm. And, while the restaurant can be a tad loud when it is churning on all cylinders, it still provides a special atmosphere. The food is just inventive enough and the menu is always interesting. The game is solid; I've enjoyed my share of venison and bison here. This is real Texas cooking gone upscale, and a great place to mark a special occasion. The only drawback is the 20 mile drive to get there from central Austin, but there's nothing else really like it in the Austin area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent! I loved this...”
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Excellent! I loved this place. I loved the food, the service and the ambiance. I had the rattlesnake cakes, which were good, but I think they should be b a bit chunkier. I would have loved to be able to discern the flavor of the meat from the other ingredients. My meal was simply amazing. I had the lamb encrusted with lavender and herbs with a prickly pear sauce. The aroma was out of this world and the flavor incomparable. For dessert I had the Olive oil and rosemary cake with lemon curd, delicious! This is certainly my new favorite restaurant. It is pricey, but worth every cent.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you're not at least mildly adventurous, don't go, because all the game choices on the menu won't do it for you...”
Reviewed January 22, 2008

If you're not at least mildly adventurous, don't go, because all the game choices on the menu won't do it for you. It's expensive for Austin, but it's very interesting, very good, and intimate without being stuffy.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the eclectic game dishes with great taste.”
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Love the eclectic game dishes with great taste.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Everything creatively and exquisitely prepared. Plus, didn't you always want to try rattlesnake cakes?”
Reviewed December 14, 2007