“Hype Hurt, OK, not Great”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Hype Hurt, OK, not Great”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had heard great things about Hudson's on the Bend, but unfortunately it didn't even live up to a much better food tour that we took earlier in the day in Austin. Good quality, unique menu especially if you'd like to try game meat. Service was excellent, but all of our meals were just OK, my mixed grill was luke warm, not high end like we expected for the price. Not much atmosphere either, we sat outside, don't expect much of a view from this location in the hills west of Austin.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mike S

Austin, Texas
“Love the food ... great service”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My daughter and I had a groupon for a dinner for two ... Tasting Menu for Two. We enjoyed their food. For First course, I had the garden greens in creamy lemon-basil dressing with a carrot-and-jicama slaw and marinated tomatillos while my daughter had the chipotle lobster bisque with a parmesan puff pastry. That was yummy as starters.

For main entree, I had the crunchy trout with mango-jalapeno aioli and ancho paint while my daughter had the pecan-wood-smoked beef tenderloin in a jalapeno hollandaise sauce. They are some good tasting food.

For dessert, we had that wild turtle pie dipped in Belgian-chocolate ganache and pumpkin white-chocolate bread pudding with bourbon praline sauce and vanilla ice cream. Oh boy, it melts in your mouth ... we ended up bringing some leftovers home. We were so stuffed.

Great service ... I will surely come back with other friends and relatives. Thanks Hudson's.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Sinfully Good”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place was absolutely amazing. I am a huge foodie, and it did not disappoint. There were four of us for dinner, and we all got different items. My hubby devoured the lobster bisque and beef medallions with chipotle hollindaise. The coffee elk steak was amazingly flavorul. I also greatly enjoyed the turtle pie. If you are on vacation at Lake Travis and looking for a good steak, this place is it! The atomosphere of the restaurant is charming. The fire place with a roaring fire on an oddly cold night was the icing on the cake. Our waitress was attentive, but she definitely had a little bit of an attitude. Overall, we greatly enjoyed the evening. It is by far the best meal that we had while in the Lake Travis area.

Austin, Texas
“A Great Experience, not just for tourists.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I live a mile from Hudsons on the Bend and I decided after being in the area after 2 years to go and check it out with my wife. Most bars and places in the area I enjoy but I dont get privacy and sometimes dont get quality time with my wife and /or friends because of interruptions. This is the saving grace. To start off, the atmosphere outside is amazing, cool, avante garde and downright Austin. The staff have all been there for 20 years, and that tells me they are treated right and so are the clients. Everyone knows about their cuisine and it being world class, so i wont need to tell about that now. However, the new outside bar area is world class and very cool. the service is personalized and you will feel like youre the center of attention, in a good way.
So If you're in Austin Texas and you want to get away from the same old weird Soco or 6th area, try Hudsons on the Bend. Its true to Hill Country style and elegance, yet casual like Austin. Its not inexpensive, so bring some cash, but its worth every penny, especially the tips!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rodwilliamsmusic
Austin, Texas
“Top restuarant in area.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ambiance is unassuming with great service. Try the sampler. This is gourmet food at its best. Reservations are needed, especially on weekends.

Visited October 2012