“Weekend Getaway”
Review of Iguana Grill - CLOSED

Iguana Grill
Cuisines: American, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Overlooking beautiful Lake Travis, Iguana Grill has served delicious upscale Mexican food and drinks since 1995. Our view is a must-see for your out-of-town guests, and our laid-back atmosphere is perfect for the entire family. Throwing a party? We have the perfect spaces for your reception, birthday party, corporate event, rehearsal dinner or holiday party. Want to experience the best of Austin's live music scene without going downtown? Check out our music listings.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great place to kick back and enjoy the view. Not crowded since it was chilly, I think this is a sit on the patio, summer kind of place. Food was good, service great, very attentive and eager to please.

There are newer reviews for Iguana Grill

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Went in for Sunday lunch. We were one of 2 tables. Should have been a clue. I guess this is just a drinking crowd restaurant. The food couldn't have been any worse. It simply wasn't worth the effort to eat it and I was hungry. I had a chicken burrito . The chicken was hard. Yes, hard. Just this side of jerky. My husband said his food tasted "tainted". He couldn't describe it any other way. To boot it was cold outside and we has to wear our coats inside. The staff did too. With no water in the lake, and being cold, they should just close up if they don't care any more than this.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I were there for lunch on Friday & it reminded us that we don't go there often enough. Even though it was a rainy day we enjoyed seeing the lake from that perspective. We love the casual lake vibe and the salsa is perfection, however, their Spanish rice and chicken tacos are the best! I've had their queso, which was delicious, but I love everyone's queso so I'm not really qualify to critique. Drinks are strong. The service is not fabulous but it wasn't bad. Servers are always friendly but dressed a little too casual for us. Did i mention the shredded chicken tacos!.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The patio seating is especially nice on a spring or fall day. Food is good but not exceptional. I would like to see coupons from Iguana Grill. I would be more likely to try it again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food is average, the service isn't bad, and they've got a nice outdoor area. However, one manager that I encountered does not seem to understand that the word "service" is found in the term "service industry"