“Tasty Sunday brunch”

Freda's Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Freda's Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 3,728 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
“Tasty Sunday brunch”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Tried the Sunday brunch and it was pretty darn good! Nice selection of surf and turf-snow crab, shrimp, catfish, crawfish stuffed avocado, prime rib, standard breakfast fair, gumbo, and my favorite, pecan crusted tilapia. Service was great and the atmosphere was relaxing and not too noisy! The only complaint is the cooks were not prepared for the number of people on this particular Sunday because they ran out of food a couple of times. Hard to enjoy a brunch when you have to wait for food.

• Visited January 2014

Lorain, Ohio
“Went to Freda's to get the Salt Lick Barbeque Out of My Mouth”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

In April 2013 I was in Austin Texas for the Moto GP Race at Circuit of the America's [COTA] Race Track. On Thursday a friend and mine ate at The Salt Lick. I do not believe I have had worse food anywhere else I have dined. On Friday, the front desk of my hotel suggested Freda's Seafood Grille next door. My friend and I walked over. From the time we walked in and were greeted, the staff made us feel welcome. I had lobster bisque soup, Caesar Salad, Center Cut Filet and baked potato. My receipt came to $26.95. The atmosphere was sophisticated. The service was quick and attentive. The prices were moderate for a great steak. I would have paid more. I will eat hear again in April 2014 when I go to the races at COTA.

• Visited April 2013
Abilene, Texas
“Very nice Sunday brunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed Freda's Sunday brunch this week. The food was freshly prepared and tasted great. We enjoyed sampling the pecan crusted tilapia, prime rib, biscuits and gravy as well as the steamed snow crab. My favorite item was the shrimp and crab stuffed shrimp. The mimosas were yummy and just the right size. We will definitely return next time we are in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“nice for family Sunday brunch”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food was fresh and OK. Service was a bit slow and tough to get coffee refilled but the family enjoyed it.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Who knew???”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and staff. I had the crab and shrimp stuffed avocado and it was delish (cold and fresh). The burger was full of flavor and huge. I would go back for sure!

Visited August 2013