“I Just Love This Place!”

Reale's Pizza & Cafe
Ranked #401 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? I love it! As others have said, it's a family owned place. The food is really good, the staff is friendly and attentive. I never feel hurried to leave. The Chicken Picatta is delish- my fave, but the hubster likes the sausage and peppers and the Eggplant Parm. Not swanky, but comfortable and inviting. We've been coming here since they opened in this location and it's one restaurant that my (now grown) kids always want to go to when they come back to town.

2  Thank Nancy F

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Lumpy, greasy, cheesy -- not great adjectives if you are describing your own thighs -- but wonderful if you love homemade pizza pie. My husband and I have been going to Reale's for over 15 years. I love the atmosphere, the fact that the owner still gives a hoot about his place, and the amazing food. You might not see it nestled in a bland shopping strip, but it's worth a trip (or one hundred).

1  Thank travelgrl68
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Pizza was done perfectly with a crunch on the bottom and a chewy interior. Just right amount of sauce and the toppings we chose highlighted the pizza crust. A lot of pizzas were coming out of the kitchen. The Eggplant Siciliano was tasty and the chicken in it was tender and not overcooked. The Marinara sauce that accompanied the entree was tomato-icious and I used some red pepper flakes to give it a little zip. My wife had the Chicken Genovese and it was a creamy, flavorful entree. The only minor disappointment was their garlic bread; however, it did taste great when I used it to sop up the sauce that came with the Chicken Genovese so I can't complain too much because I finished it off. We plan to go back and try the other entrees. We were there on a Thursday with live music and the manager told us that on Wednesdays in the bar an entertainer performs Sinatra song. All-in-all, quite a find!

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Awesome food. Service can be good with right waitstaff. Over priced by 10-15%. Pizza is awesome. Calzone, Stromboli and pastas are great. An oil option with the bread would be nice addition.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I come from upstate NY and I know good Italian food. They have what I want at reasonable prices. The pizza has a thin crust which is as it should be.

Been to Reale's Pizza & Cafe? Share your experiences!