“Shredded Beef Enchiladas Rock”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #326 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's offers guests a chance to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining authentic, made-from-scratch standards with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Executive Chef Luis Sanchez creates each recipe using only premium ingredients to provide superior taste, rich with culture. Choose from the impressive selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties like the best Flan in Austin. Escape to the courtyard under our beautiful sky and savor the exceptional food and drink that is Abuelo's signature. You can also choose to come in for one of our weekly specials, including Tapas and drink specials Sun-Fri 3pm-7pm or reverse happy hour from Sun-Thurs 8.30-10Pm. Experience and discover why Abuelo's has been voted the #1 Mexican restaurant for six straight years by America's most respected independent consumer rating magazine.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a great place for Mexican food. Shredded beef enchiladas are always a hit and love their chicken salad too. Queso is great with thin tortilla chips!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was in Austin on business and I managed some personal time with a friend and his mom. We met at Abuelo's which was convienent to where I was staying downtown and had a nice location with a great view of downtown skyline from their parkin lot. As I got inside, the greeter was right there and courteous as can be - just love Texas hospitality.

The Tacate was nice and cold and the food was delivered quickly. And for 3 people who walked away quite full and satisfied the price was a great value.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is not a typical Tex Mex restaurant. They offer the traditional entrees, but they also have house specialties. I ordered the enchiladas, and they were delicious.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our first visit to Abuelo's and it will definitely not be our last. We went with friends who had been there several times, so they knew the ropes. We went there for an early dinner during UT Austin graduation w/e and the place was packed at 4:00pm that Saturday. In spite of that, everything was great. Our server was attentive and helpful. As soon as our basket of chips got low, there was another full one on the table. The food was fantastic. We had the jalapeno fritters for an appetizer. The batter was not too heavy. I would have liked a little more heat, but they were flavorful. They bring chips and three different salsas to the table when you sit down. If you ask for their habanero salsa, they'll bring some of that over too. The chips are light and not greasy. The green salsa was interesting with a touch of sweetness to it, which I wasn't expecting. I got carnitas (pulled pork) enchiladas with green and red sauce. The pork was wonderful and the sauces were good. And, I ate ever bit of rice that came with the dish, which is very unusual for me.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent food at Abuelo's. Guacamole was very tasty, salsa's were varied and the red sauce was perfect. We had chili relleno's(great), fajitas (very good and a steak and enchilada combo which excellent as well. Margarita's were also top notch. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys Mexican food.