“Great BBQ”

The County Line on the Lake
Ranked #94 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family loves the bbq and the homemade bread at County Line. It's always a favorite place to go for bbq.

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
“Highly Overrated Tourist Trap”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have lived in Austin for 30 years. We give the County Line a try about once a year thinking it will get better.... It just gets more expensive. The BBQ is highly overrated! Neither County Line has good BBQ and the wait has always been an issue. Go to Rudy's instead!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank RetiredCoppers
San Antonio, Texas
“Everything I had been told”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A friend in Tennessee who is originally from Texas told me to be sure I had some beef BBQ when she found out we were headed that way for 3 weeks. In Galveston we ate fish, in San Antonio we had Tex-Mex; so Austin was our BBQ town. The County Line fulfilled everything I had been told. The price was comparable for a platter meal at any restaurant, and the food was plentiful. Between my husband and I, we had pulled pork, a quarter chicken and the beef brisket. The first two were good, butt the brisket was WONDERFUL. Although we try to eat at different places each night, we will make a point to return to this restaurant before we leave Autin.

• Visited October 2012
“Great food, but sketchy boating in”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Love the BBQ ribs here...get a whole slab and go to town. Just be wary if you try to boat in using anything besides a canoe. We actually had to jump out of our boat and push it off of rocks twice. The waterway is not very clearly marked. Honestly, it would not take much effort to resolve this problem and save some hull damage.

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Never a Bad Meal, Always Consistent”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have eaten here probably fifty times over the years. Enjoyed lunch on a recent Saturday with a group of friends. As usual the food was excellent, the portions generous, the beer cold, and the service far above average. I enjoy this location as it's on Bull Creek and it's always nice to enjoy a beverage and appetizer on the deck while waiting for a table to open. There's better barbeque "joints" throughout Texas, but there are no others that I am aware of, that provide the full level of service, the great atmoshere, and the full Texas "experience" like the County Line. I've never been disappointed, ever!

• Visited September 2012