“Outstanding Lunch Buffet”

Alborz Persian Cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Outstanding Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Food is well prepared. Gourmet Lamb is wonderful. Many good vegetable dishes. Well worth the price. A+

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank josephedward71

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stay away!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

there were flies on the table that made us leave. the service is awful and they over charged us about 40 bucks that ruined our night at Austin. Just stay AWAY.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Albert D
Manor, Texas
“Interesting restaurant, family fun”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ate family style with several relatives ages 60 to 15 to the 3-year-old twins! Went on a Saturday night where a kindly belly dancer appears starting at 7:45 pm. The kids loved her, standing around her trying to dance. The only down side for me was limited bar -- no mixed drinks. Beer was just barely cold enough for me -- but they fixed it. I'm picky. Overall, wonderful family evening out. Will definitely go again. Food was good, healthy. Something for everyone.

Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Better than I Expected!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I confess that I have little - okay, almost no - knowledge about Persian food. Here is what I can tell you, though: it tasted good.

I've visited twice now and both times had the lunch buffet. The food on the buffet was hot and looked fresh. It looks like the restaurant has been here for a while and has belly dancing some evenings. Sounds fun!

There were some familiar things from Greek restaurants I have been to (hummus, tabour).

I don't know the names of these dishes, but I'll try to describe them so you get an idea of what they have:

There were some baked chicken dishes (one casserole with rice, raisins, and chicken that was great) and some chicken soups.
There was also some lamb and beef kabobs.
I found the various rices tasty and the salad with parmesan dressing good as well.

There is also this "sticky rice" that is the scrapings off the bottom of the rice pot. It gets caramelized and is good to chew on or to put some of the soupy dishes on.

There are a few breads: one is a flat cracker-like bread, and the other was more of a spice cake.

For dessert there was fruit and some kind of vanilla rice pudding with rose water. The rose water flavor kind of threw me off as I felt like I was eating perfume. Not bad, just odd.

This was an interesting place and I would go back again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MALDRIDGERN
India
“Good Middle Eastern food in Austin”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recommended by a colleague, the lamb shank with persian rice was a full and sumptuous meal. I would definitely recommend this place!

Visited September 2012