“An Austin institution!”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #19 of 3,684 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Barry, south Wales
“An Austin institution!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

If visiting Austin, you must go to Rudy's for true Texan Barbecue food. It's not pretentious (you eat off paper) but the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. Try the brisket - it's heavenly!

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My family stopped by here as per our extended family's urging, and we were not disappointed. If you admit to being new at the counter the cashier will let you sample the different meats and sides that they are serving.
I liked the extra lean brisket as well as the sauce. You can get as much bread, onions and pickles as you want as well as sauce. Like everyone says, the cream corn is very good too.

• Visited August 2014
“Melt in your Mouth BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best BBQ I've ever had. Spent an entire week in Texas eating bbq (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Ft Worth) and the extra moist brisket at Rudys is the best bbq I've ever had anywhere! Great prices as well! The brisket had a nice smoke ring & crusty on the outside, yet just melted in your mouth! Don't let the fact that they have several locations deter you into thinking it's just another bbq chain.

Delaware, Ohio
“Best Brisket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Took my son and his gf there for the first time, and all I can say is...I WANT MORE! By far the best brisket I've ever had. Loved the fact they have varying degrees of "juiciness". They also give you samples if you'd like. So tender, the slight smokiness, and dripping with juicy goodness! The sides are great too, not just an afterthought. The staff is great and love to help out and welcome first timers. I would be there on a weekly basis if I lived in Austin. I like the fact it's kind of a no-frills restaurant (inside the gas station). You will not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014
State College, Pennsylvania
“Rudy's is the real deal for brisket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

A friend took me to Rudy's in Austin when I was visiting. It was spur of the moment, and my friend recommended the "moist" brisket. I have always thought BBQ was about ribs, but I have heard how good the brisket is in Texas. Rudy's was outstanding. The brisket was moist and falling apart, with a slight smoky flavor. It was a real treat. The sides that we had -- cole slaw and creamed corn -- were also excellent. The setting was informal and pleasant, less noisy on the outside patio where we sat than indoors. Service was friendly.

• Visited July 2014