“Great food, great experience!”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #37 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed May 15, 2014

First time at Rudy's and it did not disappoint. Really neat place and outstanding food all the way around. I'll visit again if ever back in Austin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I really don't want to give this place 5 stars because when I ordered over the phone the guy seemed super non-chelant and did not belong in costumer service.. but the food was so dang good that I couldn't give less than the best rating possible. The meat, the sides, EVERYTHING. I was Texas born and raised so I know good lone-star style bbq, and this passed my test! This time I got carry-out (and it was still amazing even not freshly served) but when I have gone there to sit afterwards it can get super crowded, so I would suggest going early.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We've been to Rudy's so often that our 13-yr-old DAUGHTER now calls out our order to the cutters, like the server usually does. The server is SO sweet that they offer for her to do it when she starts to order in their "lingo". Tender, delicious brisket, chicken and turkey, and my kids can't get enough of the links! Good ole potato salad, slaw, or new potatoes. Ummmmm - now we have to go back again! Enjoy the WORST BBQ IN TEXAS!!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

As a Southern Californian, authentic Texas BBQ is nearly impossible to find (with the noted exception of the brilliant new Horse Thief BBQ in downtown LA, of all places!). So every time I'm out visiting family in nearby Cedar Park, Rudy's off 183 in Austin is a must-stop. Now, is Rudy's all-world like Kreuz Market, Smitty's, Louie Mueller or Franklin? Well, I'll leave that determination to the true BBQ intelligencia. However, I will say this: forget that it's a chain, Rudy's is consistently great. I usually tuck into a pile of the moist brisket and a couple of sausage links with an occasional foray into their superb pork ribs. Always, always, always dee-lish. And as many have said, Rudy's "sause" really is a nice complement to the expertly smoked meats, while the sides are servicable, if not spectacular. Then again, who goes to a BBQ joint for cole slaw? Can't say enough about the folks who work there, too - always make you feel like welcomed guests. Rudy's is the real deal.

1  Thank GeneralBrassey
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Rudy's is a longtime favorite of mine. I always make time for at least one lunch there whether in Austin for business or pleasure! I stuck with the sliced brisket this time, although everything is great there!