“Delicious BBQ without a wait”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #17 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Houston
“Delicious BBQ without a wait”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Even as someone who lives in Austin, I don't have enough time to go to some of the more popular places for BBQ that involve waiting for hours in a line. Rudy's is quick and I cant imagine how BBQ could get much better! Fatty meats creep me out, so I love to get the extra lean brisket. It is flavorful alone and even better drenched in sauce! Also, they have some great creamed corn (sometime I normally only get at Thanksgiving..!) and their banana pudding in strangely good. Overall it's a great experience, but don't go if you're watching your calories! You wait in line and order at the counter, and your food is served right away. Friendly staff and quick service!

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
“Rudy's made a fan of BBQ”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I will save the details about the food and prize specifically the lovely and funny guys that work here: they know their jobs and they do it honestly with a smile. Love it!

• Visited April 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
“brisket heaven”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband had the brisket, I had the baby back ribs. We shared the potatoes, cole slaw and banana pudding. Just terrific. Will go back.

Visited April 2014
Anacortes, WA
“Best barbecue eatin' around”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rudy's has some of the best and excellent selection of barbecue and accessories around. Great
service, always smiling and happy. Much better than the touted barbecue in Lockhart. I always
buy extra to freeze and take back to Washington State.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“A definite go-to when in Austin!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service! Don't be deterred if you see a long line - it moves pretty quickly. Tell them it's your first time and they'll let you sample before ordering. We sampled their moist brisket, regular brisket, turkey, and creamed corn. You order your meats by the pound. For our party of four we ordered 1 1/2 lbs of moist brisket, 1/2 lb of turkey, pints of potato salad and creamed corn, and a small container of coleslaw. The turkey was a teensy bit dry, but the moist brisket was out of this world. I preferred not even adding BBQ sauce to it. The creamed corn is not the mushy stuff I've gotten other places. It's whole kernel corn with a sweet creamy sauce. 3 of our 4 loved it - the 4th person thought it was too sweet. Potato salad was good too. They also have baked beans which I plan to try on our next visit. It's about as casual as it gets with picnic tables for seating and freezer paper for your "plates". Can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2014