“I know it's a tradition but ....”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #35 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Smoked meat should not be raw by the bone. I give that everyone has a bad night but I just didn't enjoy the food. I thought the smoke and sauce lacked anything special and the sides were too sweet.
The staff were friendly and if you're looking for " fuel" and nothing more - I still wouldn't suggest it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great Texas BBQ but what's what and how to order are a bit confusing for a first time non-US visitor, so try to go with someone who's been before if possible. Otherwise the staff will do their best to explain what's going on.

Good food and well priced. Rudy's BBQ sauce is (probably) world famous it's that good!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We've been picking up Rudy's BBQ at least once a month for 12 years now and the meat is great. Not a fan of the potato salad, but the beans rock. Great brisket and sausage. I give it a solid 4 outta 5 ;)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Heaps of brisket, ribs, sausage, turkey, served in baskets on "plates" of something like parchment paper. I was glad the meat did not come slathered in sauce, you add it to your own taste. Well worth the drive.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I work at a hotel, and I always recommend this place, and they always tell me thank you. Enough said, this place rocks. AWESOME food and you gotta love there bbq sauce!

Been to Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!