“Average food, very noisy indoors”

Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill
Ranked #338 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Capital of Texas Hwy
Description: Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Average food, very noisy indoors”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I joined a large group here for a work dinner.
The food was ok, although my overall impression was that the chef was trying too hard. The appetisers were fine: the best being the skillet of dumplings although this was not really a Texas style dish.

Two of us had the Voo Doo Tuna and we were both underwelmed. The blackened coating was tasteless and the whole dish was swimming in a sweet sauce which spoilt everything else.

It is very noisy inside....the decor must not soak up the background noise as several people commented that it was impossible to have a conversation with anyone but the person in the seat next to you.

Also be aware of the shortage of parking. It seems that about 1/4 of the limited parking is reserved for valet so I ended up parking out on the street.

Looking out through the doors to the patio I can see how that would be a great spot, especially with the sunset. But my recommendation is to book for a small group and the patio.

• Visited June 2012

toronto
“Amazing ambiance and patio. Good food”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stopped by for a leasurly lunch. Three adults and a baby. We sat on the patio as it was a lovely day. Reminded me of being on holiday in Greece. Food was great! The corn bread was addictive. I had the tuna salsa taco bites (appy), my husband had an enormousness salad and my friend got the soft meat tacos . They were baby friendly! Offered us a rocker to hold the car seat in and was quite attentive to our needs. I'd be back, mainly for the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
“Great view from the deck...menu with a tempting array of choices.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We enjoyed our evening at Z Tejas. The extensive drink menu was fun to explore. The skinny lemon drop martini was well prepared...as was the mexican martini. We shared the Ahi Chipotle Citrus Bites and the Seafood Enhiladas - freshly prepared and tasty. Really enjoyed the unique combination of flavor a on the citrus bites. The view from the deck was amazing...and with perfect weather and a beautiful sunset, the experience was hard to beat. We skipped dessert and opted for a trip to nearby Amy's for some great ice cream at the arboretum.

Austin, Texas
“Mostly good food, great patio”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The steak salad, strip steak, fried fish, and pork are great. Never had anything outright bad, but some things better than others. Try guave mojito.

Visited May 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
“Great Food Everytime!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was the 2nd time we have been to this restaurant and they never disappoint. We came for appetizers and drinks and they still treated us like we were their only customers in the building!
We had their great cornbread. Shrimp Tortillas, Chips and Salsa and quacamole. My friend had a pina colada and I had a fruity drink of some sorts that was over the top.
We sat on the patio for a couple of hours and even after our food was done the waiter took care of us filling our water glasses.
Great place just to sit and catch up with friends.

Visited May 2012