“Unreal food / awful service ”
Review of Kerbey Lane Cafe

Kerbey Lane Cafe
Ranked #173 of 3,728 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Unreal food / awful service ”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Went to the cafe 2 times since I was staying nearby. The good was absolutely delicious. Sucks that it was over shadowed by the awful service. The girl with the "love me" tattoo on her neck could possibly work on her manners/enthusiasm/anything would help. Over heard the table behind us asking her to split their ticket and she basically snapped on them saying it was and that they were dumb. She then took about 10 minutes to get us change - because obviously texting was more important (yes, we could see you) and proceeded to give 10$ in singles for change.

Just because you give us a bunch of $1s doesn't mean we're going to use them to tip you if you're horrible at your job.

Hudson Valley, NY
“More than a diner in Longhorn territory”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were looking for a diner type place and glad we found this Kerby Lane. We had a fantastic server, Emma. Food was good. Known for pancakes but we opted for eggs and such. Nice vibe at restaurant. Everyone was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
Burleson
“Great Breakfast Find”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The manager at the DoubleTree Hilton recommended this place. It was about a mile walk from the hotel which was perfect on a November morning. The service was great, and we all loved the flavored pancakes -- pumpkin, gingerbread, apple cinnamon. The food and coffee was hot and tasty. The staff was friendly, and the service was prompt. Great recommendation.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“$2 Mimosa”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had never heard of such a deal in my life, but it was amazing! I swear when I looked at that menu I had to ask my friends if that was pricing or just listing what line of the drink menu "mimosa" was on. You can swap in grapefruit juice for OJ too which is fantastic. Also, the food? Delicious. Their pancake specials are worth a short stack to share at the table.

Visited October 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Pretty disappointed...”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Heard great things about this place...
I had french toast which WAS delicious but it was served with margerine instead of butter which was cheap and nasty.
The other people in my party has a tortilla soup, a sheperd's pie and a gumbo... They were all terrible (sorry Kerbey Lane). I am from the UK and that is not a sheperd's pie. My boyfriend is from Southern Louisiana and that was not gumbo!! I would not come here again and was very disappointed. Keep up the good work on the french toast though!

• Visited October 2013