“Delicious food with many variety.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #689 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Austin
“Delicious food with many variety.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the service. There was a lot to choose from on the menu. The food tasted very good with a lot of drinks on the menu.

Visited August 2013

The Woodlands, Texas
“Two stars for the view”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After moving my daughter in at college, we decided to have a relaxed dinner on the patio overlooking the lake. It was a huge disappointment. My husband seldom orders beer and not only did she forget it, but when we reminded her she gave him the wrong beer. He was too tired to argue. Then the very expensive seafood bucket we ordered wasn't hot and wasn't seasoned. In the midst of all this, the bats flew out from Congress St. Bridge and we could see them following the lake. It was the only highlight to a rather disappointing meal.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Nasty food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went here for the first this very existed because I had never been there. The first thing I ordered was the crawfish that was 22 dollars by the way I got my food after a long long wait and it was the nastiest crawfish I had ever had , nothing was seasoned . I sent my food back and then ordered the shrimp and fries witch was still that that great but better then the crawfish and by the time that food got there everyone else was done eating so I had to take my food in a Togo box.

• Visited July 2013
california
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We enjoyed the food but the prices are very high, I do not think it is worth the price. Fancy drinks like a shark with grenadine flowing like blood but it is all expensive. I think more of a tourist one time place.

Visited June 2013
Singapore
“Seafood feast”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A friend suggested having dinner at Joe's for his birthday dinner. We managed to get seats by Town Lake without any hassle and ordered a mixture of lobsters and crabs, as well as a sangria which came in a mason jar. To prep us for the meal, we were given aprons and a nifty tool to extract the meat out of the shells. I was most impressed with the tool and tempted to bring it home with me! The food came in large portions and the seafood was really fresh! It was definitely an enjoyable experience sitting by Town Lake, enjoying delicious seafood and which made the price of the meal worthwhile. We were also wondering where the Austin bats were, if we would get to see them, when we looked up and saw the last of the bats! They had been silently flying past us so be sure to keep an eye out for them.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mufimurphy

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!