“remarkable pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Brick Oven was established in 1982 in downtown Austin. We built the largest wood fired Brick Oven in Texas from original designs, using cast pieces over 100 years old. In 1989 a second location in Northwest Austin was added and a similar sized oven constructed. Each Brick Oven weighs over 20,000 pounds and burns three cords of oak wood every month to maintain temperatures of nearly 700 degrees. The massive size and high temperatures assure fast, consistent cooking and give our food a unique character and flavor. We feature house made breads from original recipes, high quality fresh ingredients and are locally owned and operated.
Phoenix, Arizona
“remarkable pizza”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I used to live in Austin and I was in town on business and just love brick oven - ordered my favorite - southwest chicken pizza. Absolutely wonderful service, great food simply outstanding. And its not expensive - the Value is great - wonderful food at a reasonable price. I introduced some of my business colleagues to this and they really liked it as well.

• Visited December 2013

arlington texa
“Ate the pizza”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First visit here, and it was a Monday night.

About ten people in the restaurant.

The staff was very attentive and no rpoblems with them.

I ordered the Bruschetta, it was good, I liked the bread it came with, just seemed it was missing some type of flavoring, just do not know what, but ate it all!!!

ordered a personal pizza with pepperoni, garlic, and green pepper. All the toppings were fresh tasting, and sauce ws great.

they use a different type of dough, and did not taste bad, just a little getting used to.

I like the type that bubbles up.

Overall great experience !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We visit Austin monthly for work and were invited to the Brick Oven by colleagues. I'm entering this review before even eating because is the horrible service. The waitress was absolutely rude and bothered by something. The restaurant was not busy so I can only assume she had a bad day or utterly hates her job, in any event it's no reason to be rude to customers.

Austin, Texas
“Quick lunch spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Met a friend for lunch last week at the Brick Oven. Lunch specials - large portions - and delicious! Also, the service was FANTASTIC!!! They sat me while I waited for her arrival and were quick to take drink orders and follow up with refills. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013
Various
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I always make sure to visit the Brick Oven each time I go to Austin on business. The pizza is always good as well as the other dishes. The Margarita Pizza is excellent. Menu can be a bit confusing. Make sure to arrive early, especially for lunch as the place fills up pretty quickly. Parking is a bit of a problem. Very limited. So expect to circle the building a couple of times.

• Visited August 2013