“Hidden Treasure”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Red River
Transit: Armadillo Trolley.
Description: Since 1981 Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano has been one of the top Italian restaurants in Texas, with locations in Houston (near the Energy Corridor) and Austin (conveniently downtown). At both locations, we offer the extraordinary Italian food we are known for plus a wide selection of traditional meat, seafood, and pasta dishes, as well as creating modern versions with vegetarian and vegan, and gluten-free options. Carmelo's features a full bar that offers a selection of Italian beers and liquors, along with an extensive wine collection consistently recognized with the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence." Carmelo's is perfect for your lunch business meeting, family dinner, a casual group of friends, or for private events and celebrations in one of several private dining rooms accommodating up to 140 guests.
California
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food - stunning. The service - excellent. A wonderful old school Italian joint that's a little off the beaten path. I would recommend this place for a nice date, or even a small group. Live music played, great wine list and the food wonderful. I enjoyed the Pollo Ricotta - which is definitely mouthwatering. My colleague had the Pesce Spada al Pomodoro - she ordered the small portion which is definitely HUGE. I would come back!

Visited November 2012

Knoxville, TN
“Wonderful Birthday dinner!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great food and service. The bananas foster made table side was amazing! Romantic place for couples. Nice, but not overly stuffy. Business casual and comfortable while the food was five star quality. Great wine list as well.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Volawyer
Cedar Park, Texas, United States
“Impeccable service!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Listen dear one, its a special evening, it took time to plan this dinner and you want to feel as though your time and effort isn't just wasted on a new fad restaurant....go make reservations at Carmelos! If you want brunch or dinner you cannot go wrong here! We like low key, great food and high level of service, (means that we like people who like people) when we go out to eat. We decided once again to spend our anniversary dinner here. Hey with five kids we want to be alone and enjoy our meal! I ordered Steak Diane with Fettucine Alfredo (I'm and Alfredo snob) and it was delicious. Loved the cooking by our waiter! Loved the personal attention - it is so worth our drive into downtown to be here. Oh and we happened to mention our anniversary (we really like low key), as we were leaving how much we love coming because the service is so good! They sweetly insisted that we come back in for champagne and dessert. It was like my family was insulted because I didn't let them throw me a party. We were so humbled by their caring attitude my husband said I needed to write a review. We love Carmelos because they love us as if we are a part of their family!

Greenville, South Carolina
“Old style Italian -- very good”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I visited while in Austin for a conference at the Hilton (just across the street). We got there early and had no wait. Our waiter was very attentive and our driink glasses never reached empty. I had the veal marsala and it was very good. My wife tried the eggplant parm and said it was quite good. we ordered the garlic asparagus and it was done quite well. We tried their creme brulee which was torched tableside -- but it was not good -- the glaze wasn't very thick and there was some type of crust on the bottom (maybe oatmeal). We got a slice of carrot cake for later and it was very good.

• Visited October 2012
Glendale, Arizona
“Pretty good”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although the interior decor is getting a little too long in the tooth to feel fancy, this restaurant had excellent wait staff and commendable food. The lasagna, while not as good as my mother's - was very good.

Visited October 2012