“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Manuel's Downtown

Manuel's Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Manuel's Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: For more than 30 years Manuel's has thrived in Austin, Texas, delighting local residents, politicos, musicians, students, and our favorite grandmothers. From the farm to the sea, we harvest local and natural ingredients to create food that is infused with a deep collection of flavors, and steeped in tradition. From our award-winning mole to our famous margaritas, we aspire to transport our guests to a place of timeless satisfaction.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great pick for a business lunch. Price was reasonable and food was fantastic! Manager came to table to check on us and was readily available to assist servers. Nice!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had great drinks - their food is awesome - I always get chiles rellenos en nogada - a favorite... My cousin had the tuna ceviche and we shared the awesome queso blanco - my husband had the swordfish and my other cousin had the chicken poblano soup - a great time was had by our entire family - our waiter made sure we had everything we needed for this to happen!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Service was excellent, presentation of food was beautiful. The food itself was good, but nothing fabulous. Drinks were very tasty. Everything was overpriced. Probably would not go here again, especially with all the other choices for good Mexican food in Austin.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Manuel's is a popular Mexican restaurant in Downtown Austin. A very nice looking interior and a wide variety of Mexican dishes. The Mole was fantastic, as was the fajitas. Manuel's offers also offers a lot of seafood dishes, and a great variety of other dishes. The restaurant is a bit upscale from what I would call a traditional Mexican food restaurant, but the dishes are not over priced. It is worth a visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I decided to explore my own culinary roots in Texas and I found this lovely High end-casual restaurant in Austin’s heart MANUELS,,,, good taste in deco, loose service and a great food, I been in michellin stars restaurants and this one deserve at least one,, people go there and know your hometown thru MANUELS

Been to Manuel's Downtown? Share your experiences!