“Love the Pancakes”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I went around 11 on a Saturday morning this month (July 2014). It was pretty packed, but we only waited about 20 minutes for a seat. We went with first available, so we were sat on the outdoor patio. During the summer, if you are warm-natured, I wouldn’t recommend the patio passed noon. By the time our food arrived, the day had warmed up, and it’s hard to enjoy a plate of hot food to the full extent when you’re starting to sweat…
That being said, we both ordered the Kerbey Lane Combo (two eggs, two half size pancakes, fruit, bacon and sausage) pancake of the day – cinnamon roll. The pancakes were fantastic as usual, and my scrambled eggs were fluffy. I would have preferred the bacon to be a bit crispier, but it was quality meat. The sausage was dry (maybe they use a lean cut?) and overly seasoned. I also got the home fries, and I felt they were overly sauced – a bit soggy and mushy.
We’ve been to Kerbey Lane before, and we will definitely go back. This trip just reaffirmed that the pancakes are king.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here every trip to Austin. It never ceases to be one of our favorite breakfast spots in town. Food is always good, food choices are different from all the other restaurant (Smores pancakes and lemon poppy seed French Toast), and service is always very good. The only negative is parking.... or the almost total lack of. The restaurant and all nearby businesses appear to be converted houses, so you have some street side parking, and maybe 6 spaces in the back. Otherwise you have to do your best to find parking. But the food is worth it. -Ron

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We saved Kerbey Lane for last and it was a great last meal for our Austin trip. We couldn't bring ourselves to enjoy the mimosas but they looked great. I had the gluten free cinnamon roll pancakes. I ordered the short stack but couldn't even finish one. My BF ordered the eggs benedict which he enjoyed as well.

We love a great brunch and this didn't disappoint!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

They have a couple of locations throughout Austin and all the ones I have been to the services has been great and the food yummy! Great for brunch on Sundays!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I live several hours away from Austin. I dream about these pancakes and am so excited when we head to Austin because it means Kirby Lane! The spring feature is lemon poppyseed with a light lemon sugar glaze, a perfect compliment to a California omelet, with avocado, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives. Be prepared to wait, regardless of what time you go. The wait is never very long though, and the food is more than worth the wait.