“Best salad I've ever eaten!”

Kerbey Lane Cafe Central
Ranked #69 of 3,728 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
The Colony, Texas, United States
“Best salad I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went here on a Saturday for lunch with a couple of friends. The restaurant was packed and noisy, and we had to wait 15-20 minutes outside. It was a nice day and there were places to sit, so I didn't mind the wait. The menu had a lot of vegetarian options. I had a Mideast Feast salad, and it was quite possibly the best salad I've ever eaten. My only regret is that I wasn't hungry enough to eat it all. Service was good but not amazing.

• Visited June 2013

Midwest
“Nice Breakfast Option”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I guess that's an understatement since the place was packed when we went on a recent Sunday late morning. We were told it was a 30 minute wait and were paged almost to the minute. There is ample outdoor waiting with benches in the shade and a large parking lot.
We had a very animated server which made our visit all the more enjoyable. We had a nice variety of breakfast dishes including a very good egg scramble served with fruit and toast and a breakfast burrito. One criticism on the burrito was that, as stated on the menu, some of the food is prepped at a central location and delviered to the various cafe locations. The meat in the filling did taste as though it had sat awhile and was somewhat dry.
The decor was bright and it was somewhat loud with many diners and families, but we were able to converse and enjoy our meal. Service was good, neither rushed nor slow.
As we were leaving, there were just as many people waiting outside, so make sure you go 30 minutes or so before you really want to eat!

Texas
“Nice place, cold food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We've liked Kerbey in the past. This trip...not so much. We were seated by the bar in a booth which means you pretty much get left there. The staff was nice, but not very attentive. I ordered the California Omelet which came lukewarm/cold. I ate it and became increasingly sad about it because it tasted really good! The sauce was amazing but cold. I couldn't get the waitress's attention to ask her about it. She brought us the bill but I just didn't want to deal with it at that time. Then we noticed that she'd charged us $5.25 for 2 blueberry pancakes that were to be $2 when ordered with the omelet. I figured the would charge a bit more for the blueberries but $3.25? I was just a bit annoyed so I didn't bother to wait for her anymore so we left.

Tallahassee
“Wow the Migas tacos! Queso off the chain!!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We are a family of four from Florida. We read the reviews and decided to visit. We had the Migas Tacos which were fabulous. We highly recommend the Queso sauce!! The pancakes had great flavor and were unusual (Lemon Poppy Seed with of lemon icing). We found them to be flavorful but slightly heavy/dry. The French toast comes with powdered sugar and had a good flavor. It was a bit dry as well. The service was great and the atmosphere was inviting. Overall, we will go back the next chance we get. We want to try more of their Tex-Mex which is clearly what they do best!

• Visited May 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“I love it every time”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Every chance I get to go to Austin I stop by the cafe for a delicious burger and a brownie sundae. Pancakes are also spectacular