“Truly a Classic”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 1, 2013

An Austin friend introduced me to Hut's a few years ago. They make burgers the old fashioned way and the meat is incredibly tasty. I arrived late Sunday morning and the place was pretty full, but by the time I left it was packed. Lots of hamburger varieties.
I love it when you can taste each of the veggies on the burger and the pickles were perfectly arranged so that I got a taste in each bite.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

A whirlwind trip to Austin brought us here with some friends for an early weeknight dinner. When we first arrived, the place was basically empty. Parking was no problem, as the street was also empty. Our server was friendly and polite. We had a few minute wait for our friends, but that wasn't a problem. A sign did say that on their busy nights, they didn't seat until your entire party had arrived. We had the fried pickles for an appetizer, and I thought they were very good. I had their tuna salad sandwich and hubby had a burger. The tuna salad was quite good, and their wheat bread was tasty. Hubby's burger was very good, and I had to work hard not to eat all of his fries, because I thought they were outstanding. If I lived in Austin, I don't think I'd go here all the time. (I'd gain 20lbs almost immediately if I did. Health food isn't really their thing here.) But for a once-in-a-while or just-to-say-you-did sort of outing, I think it's a reasonable choice. They have 2 for 1 burgers after 6 on Wednesday, so you could get out of there pretty cheap, too. By the time we left, the place was hopping and the street was basically full. We would have had a time finding a place to park if we were just arriving, I think. Oh, and this place isn't really one for ambiance. So again, it's an experience. It's not fine dining, but if you want a heck of a good burger, I think Hut's is a reasonable choice.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hut's is OK, but there are lots of better choices if you want a burger. The plate lunches are actually not bad, so if you must go, try one of those.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Love the burgers, I had the Dagwood(Huge), fries and onion rings. Everything was really good and served quickly. Our waiter was very friendly and great at his job.

1  Thank John726
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is wonderful!! It's a little building on the edge of the creek, feels like you'e walking into a historic place. They're got neon signs, sports memorabilia and old photos of Austin covering the walls. The staff has always been super nice, and even if you have to wait it's worth it! We go as often as we can. The burgers are great, they have a few exotic choices usually like longhorn burger or bison. They have all sorts of different kinds ranging from your classic "All American" to other star named burgers with some interesting toppings. The fries are fresh cut and the best I have found in a restaurant!