“Yummy burger”

Zax Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Zax Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 3,972 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Riverside Dr.
Transit: Conveniently located on the Cap Metro 5 line.
Description: Casual American Bistro setting. Featuring 20 beers on tap, elegant wine list and a full bar. Zax is a great place for a relaxing meal with family or friends! Be sure to visit us on Pint Night every Wednesday night from 6-8 pm!
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had a really good burger here. Waiter was really efficient and friendly. Nice casual atmoshphere. Good bloody mary bar on the weekends!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I work a block from Zax and look forward to having lunch there at least once a week. It has an open loft feel with lots of light and a nice outdoor patio. The menu is varied and they have daily specials which are always fresh and tasty. Everything i have eaten here has been delicious and everyone i have recommended says the same. Service is friendly and attentive. They also have a great beer on tap selection that is fun to try at happy hour.

A definite go-to restaurant and bar.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We came for sunday brunch. I had the Zax eggs (2 crab cakes topped with a pouched egg and hollandaise sauce), a side of tomatoes and orange juice. My husband had an omellette with mushroom sausage and cheese, a side of peppered bacon and habiscus tea. He said his meal was "OK". I thought my meal was very good. My problem with my meal is that with EVERY bite, I was removing bits of crab shell that had not been removed from the crab meat. It made what could have been an enjoyable eating experience, very frustrating. I did try my husbands peppered bacon. I was not impressed.

The atmosphere was nice. Service was fair. I could see parking being an issue.

I must say, I don't think I will be returning.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

...which is the exact color of the potatoes served to me yesterday, unless you count the two brown tumors the kitchen staff failed to cut out of them. The service was slow and erratic, the small dollops of hollandaise were congealed and cold, and the food lasked any semblance of flavor or spice. Nice atmosphere, though.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I think every wednesday is belgian beer night and you get the branded beer glass to keep along with the beer. They have the usual suspects on tap and in bottle, and an amazing outdoor patio area, so what more could you want? I think the food's pretty good too...

Been to Zax Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!