“This cannot be the best Texas can offer”
Review of Stubb's Bar-B-Q

Stubb's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #83 of 3,754 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
“This cannot be the best Texas can offer”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The place may be a great venue for music, but as a Texas BBQ spot, it was rather disappointing. The pork ribs did not fall off the bone as advertised and the beef brisket was not particularly juicy. The best item was the apple crumble. Sides of Mac and cheese and sweet potato fries were average.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
New York, NY
“Gospel Brunch - Without The Gospel”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to Stubbs both for the food and the gospel brunch. Unfortunately, the gospel band did not show up, so they offered the BBQ brunch buffet for half price. The food was excellent, and we're glad we chose to stay. Probably the best BBQ brisket I've ever had.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely fun and fabulous!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

While attending a family reunion in Austin I had the opportunity to visit Stubb's Bar-B-Q. The food was great. The atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable. The service was fantastic. Close enough to 6th street chaos but far enough away to enjoy the restaurant without distraction. Really an Austin must do.

Frisco, Texas
“MMMMM, Texas Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were visiting the state capitol and looking for a BBQ restaurant near there. We found Stubbs and are SO glad we did. We went with 3 families with teens/tweens and everyone found something they liked (which is rare). I should have known it was good when we saw 3 police officers leaving after lunch and there was another table of officers eating lunch inside. That has to say something when the locals, who know about BBQ in the area, eat there. I had the ribs (so yummy) with sweet potato fries (even yummier) and creamed spinach. My husband had a pulled pork sandwich, which I tasted, that was also good. The sauce was awesome. I also tasted the brisket from a friend of mine and that was pretty darn good, too! The Onion Rings have some kind of batter/coating that is very tasty. The building is also pretty cool - restrooms are in the basement and each room has a lot of character. I wish we could have visited when there was a band (of course without the kids) to see what that was like. I would recommend this restaurant!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Loved Margarita”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went here while in Austin with my bestie. The margarita was superb. I loved that it was in the mason jar. We also just had a simple appetizer of the loaded potato skins. They hit the spot. I would love to come back when they have a concert going on.