“Uniquely Austin brunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill takes you back to a simpler time. Comfortable and familiar, relaxed and easygoing, Moonshine greets guests like family. Serving up great cooking with an innovative take on classic American comfort food, Moonshine's menu satisfies even the big city tastes.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a great brunch at Moonshine, with food that had been given the Austin touch. There were about 60 different foods, including pancakes, cinnamon buns, chicken fried steak, biscuits, eggs and sausages, bacon, salads and my personal favorite, migas. The restaurant is in an old building that at one time was a grocery store. Parking was tough to find, but there was valet parking. We were warned that you needed to arrive when the restaurant opened to avoid a wait. Loved the food; only thing missing was fresh squeezed orange juice!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

At great atmosphere to compliment a menu of real comfort. Chicken Fried Steak covered with Chipotle Cream gravy is a must. The raw moonshine was just that...a little raw. Others in our party enjoyed the flavored varieties. Green chili grits were delicious. The service was superb and it's within walking distance of most anything downtown Austin. Hope I get to go back soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a rough start to our trip in Austin. We stopped here for a bite and it was one of the tastiest, most delicious meals I've ever had!! Soooo good. I couldn't say better things about this place.

Our server, (female, dark hair, nose ring, moved from the Carolinas) was super friendly and helpful when we were inquiring about the area. She made us a list of cool bars to check out around the city.

Give it a try. They wont disappoint!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

While I was in Austin for my birthday I decided to eat at Moonshine Patio Bar and Grill. It was highly recommended by some friends who live there. I went there for lunch and really enjoyed it. I loved that they serve popcorn as an appetizer. That's so unique and different! I ordered the steak fajita salad. It was tasty and healthy. I also really loved the side cornbread. Didn't taste like my grandma's cornbread, but a nice second place. :) Staff was friendly. There's a parking garage nearby, but you can valet. I valeted. It was easier. Happy I got to experience it.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family was visiting the Austin Convention Center and the valet at our hotel recommended Moonshine Restaurant. He told us it was a short walk and "It looks like an old house so dont walk by it looking for a fancy storefront restaurant."
The food was excellent and good portions. In addition the service was excellent considering it was a Saturday at lunchtime and many from the convention center had found them also.
They also had valet parking...which we didnt use since we walked, but if you that area of Austin, parking can be a pain, so the valet is a nice touch.