“Awesome restaurant. ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill takes you back to a simpler time. Comfortable and familiar, relaxed and easygoing, Moonshine greets guests like family. Serving up great cooking with an innovative take on classic American comfort food, Moonshine's menu satisfies even the big city tastes.
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience! The food and service was great! Highly recommended! Conveniently located in downtown Austin.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,380)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had the best chicken and waffles here!! I came here with a group of friends and we shared several appetizers (spinach artichoke dip and calamari) and those were really good. Everything was fresh and good quality. The corn bread at the table was great. I highly recommend getting the mashed potatoes. Also, the moonshine was good. It was an overall really fun night and a great place to go to with friends.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went with a large party, we came early on a weeknight so were seated pretty quickly. Our group got corn dog shrimp, homemade potato chips, roasted garlic bulbs, and baked brie for appetizers. I didn't try the first, the second was bland except for the dipping sauce, the garlic bulbs were good, the baked brie was excellent.

I ordered the flat iron steak, it was tender and cooked exactly as I asked. The parmesan fries and carrot sides were very tasty, I asked for mayo with the fries and they brought their house made which was good. One of my coworkers got the green chile macaroni, I liked that even better.

Our group got the fudge stout brownie, peanut butter pie, and bread pudding, the first was great, the second a bit too rich, the last ok. Quantities were large, prices reasonable, service excellent.

I would eat here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

A group of us went to Moonshine for a late dinner a few nights ago. There was a long wait so we put our names in and walked to other bars to give our guests a little "tour of Austin". 45 minutes later we came back and the hostesses welcomed us back and asked how our walk was. After we were seated we were promptly greeted by our waitress, I wish I remembered her name because she was so sweet. Our appetizers; spinach dip and beer battered asparagus were delicious, everyone at the table gobbled them up. When we ordered our main meals I was still trying to decide between some things because I am completely indecisive, so I asked our waitress to pick one for me from the sandwich list. What I ended up with was the turkey melt which was superb and it came with huge steak fries that were perfectly seasoned. Needless to say I ruined my diet that night, but it was well worth it. My group decided it was definitely one of our favorite places to go in Austin and I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The first thing you notice when you enter Moonshine is all the staff wearing "10th Year" shirts. I've been going to this restaurant for the entire 10 years; however, something has happened within the past 2 years that has taken this restaurant from a 5-star to a 3-star. It is not the service as they are the warmest and most gracious I have encountered; however, it is the food. The food at Moonshine used to be phenomenal. Every dish was unique "comfort" food; however, somewhere their kitchen moved from tasty and unique to ordinary, and overpriced. Sadly, the food is no better than you could prepare in your own kitchen. Even the signature macaroni and cheese has moved to the level of a cafeteria's version. Hopefully the once awesome restaurant will return to its grandeur; however, until then...I'll be content with a TV dinner.