“You have to make a reservation”

Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill
Ranked #16 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill takes you back to a simpler time. Comfortable and familiar, relaxed and easygoing, Moonshine greets guests like family. Serving up great cooking with an innovative take on classic American comfort food, Moonshine's menu satisfies even the big city tastes.
“You have to make a reservation”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

.....and once you sit at your table, you'll understand why so many people are willing to wait. Food very good, creative, and top of the line service. No TexMex here, but very good regional food.

• Korean first
Montrose, Colorado
“three Lunches at Moonshine”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Several friends and I eat lunch here three tomes because the food and service were excellent. I personally loved having popcorn as an appetizer. All of our meals were freshly prepared and served quickly. I would strongly recommend Moonshine to anyone visiting Austin.

Columbia, MD
“Nice location, average food, not much choice....”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stopped in with my girlfriend for a meal, see the entry below me, after walking across Austin. She had found the place and said it had good reviews and we were dying to get out of the heat. Upon walking in we were greeted and sat down. The service was ok overall. I found the menu to be lacking, but found something that worked. I ordered the Waldorf salad and though it was a good size, it really was a lot of greens in it, compared to what I thought it would be,. I ate it, but I've had better salads back home in DC. I was shocked too when they up charged her $9.95 for her salmon on her salad. The waiter also did not mention if the up charge was ok and it wasn't on the menu. Most places will at least ask if that is ok.

The place was ok overall, but not worth the walk and we ate better food later that night.

Moreno Valley, California
“What's Up-Charge?”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Based on the food alone, this restaurant would have gotten five stars. I ordered the spinach salad with seasonal fruit, cheese and dressing (strawberries and goat cheese). I hadn't looked too closely at the menu, and the server asked if I'd wanted to add chicken or salmon to my salad. I chose salmon. My boyfriend ordered the Waldorf salad with chicken (included).

My boyfriend wasn't exceptionally pleased with his salad, but mine was absolutely divine. The salmon simply melted in my mouth, and I ate nearly the entire salad. When the bill came, I nearly fell out of my chair when I realized that they had charged me nearly the price of the salad for the piece of warm salmon that was on top of it. I was expecting an up-charge of $4.00 - $5.00 for something like that, but they charged $9.95 for it! I mentioned this to the server, and asked if it was mentioned anywhere in the menu that the up-charge for salmon was so high. He brought a menu over, and it indicated in tiny print beneath the salads that an up-charge for adding chicken or beef to a salad was $7.00 - $8.00, but salmon wasn't even on the menu. He said that it was "sushi quality salmon" which was why it was so expensive. Had I known, I wouldn't have ordered it.

The server was kind, and offered to let me speak to a manager, but I just paid the bill and left, not wanting to be confrontational about a meal I had delightfully eaten moments before.

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Great prices and drinks for happy hour. Try the Waterloo Compound and corn dog shrimp. Simply awesome!

• Visited May 2013