“Great food and Atmosphere”

Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill
Ranked #16 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill takes you back to a simpler time. Comfortable and familiar, relaxed and easygoing, Moonshine greets guests like family. Serving up great cooking with an innovative take on classic American comfort food, Moonshine's menu satisfies even the big city tastes.
Austin, Texas
“Great food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant the day before mothers day and it was packed but we didn't have to wait long at all. We got there an hour after they opened so that may have a little bit to do with the short wait time. The food is great, really fresh, good menu selections to choose from.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Niagara Falls
“Cool place & great food.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went there for dinner. The Tortilla soup was an excellent start. My buffalo meatloaf and mashed potatoes were great along with my wife's fish. The service was excellent and the menu has some unique choices. The restaurant has a large patio that fills up early. The prices were very reasonable considering the high quality.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JLago
Joplin, Missouri
“Old charm, with average grub!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The bar on the patio is really cool. Albeit a bit on the dark side so bring your OWLS people! The food is heavy and oily for the most part and there are not a lot of vegetarian options. The drinks are another story! Delicious!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank mControl
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Four of us visited Moonshine for a Saturday night dinner. We had to wait for a table (no reservations), but they had a pleasant outdoor patio and convenient bar area.

The menu is so interesting. They didn't have the usual stuff...a real foodie place. I had a broiled trout stuffed with cornbread. I chose mac and cheese for my side (get this!). My plate came with roasted carrots and roasted zucchini (seriously good).

The atmosphere is nice at Moonshine. It's like eating in a house. There is a 2nd bar in the dining area. Our service was excellent. Our server really hustled.

We had such a nice time that I doubt I'll try any other restaurants in Austin when I get the opportunity to visit because I'll just want to go to Moonshine!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bauercat
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Cool place with a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here for lunch recently--food was great! I had the Chicken almondine w/ a side of green chile and cheese grits...YUM...comfort food for sure. Would be a great place to hangout in the evening and have drinks....I may have to do that the next time I'm in Austin.

• Visited May 2013