“Reviewers don't lie”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill takes you back to a simpler time. Comfortable and familiar, relaxed and easygoing, Moonshine greets guests like family. Serving up great cooking with an innovative take on classic American comfort food, Moonshine's menu satisfies even the big city tastes.
Cicero, Indiana
“Reviewers don't lie”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I found this restaurant listed as a top ten in Yelp, Urban Spoon and Trip Advisor so I figured it had to be good. It was!

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience in the patio. We started with the Corn Dog Shrimp (must try) and she had the famous BLT and I had the Pecan Crusted Catfish. The portions were very generous to the point where we did not have room for the fabulous selection of desserts. That was disappointing because they really looked good.

The service was prompt and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
“2nd time around and still impressed!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My 2 best friends & I visited Moonshine for the 1st time back in February. We recently went back for a 2nd time and it's still one of our Austin favorites! The wait on the weekend evenings is always atleast 45 minutes. We were sat both times on the patio which is ok but just not much to look at. Really wanted to sit inside but we took first available. Service is so friendly and comfortable, while the food is cooked perfectly and delicious! Had the salmon (again) and tried the steak with a port wine and blue cheese sauce. Roasted sweet potatoes and veggies on the side were even remarkable! For dessert, we tried the peanut butter mousse with oreo cookie crust, whip cream, caramel and fudge drizzles and slice strawberries. Even for 3 people it was HUGE...and AWESOME!! We left bloated and happy...again! Prices are reasonable especially for being right outside of downtown and valet parking was $6. Will most definitely return and obviously highly recommend!

Amarillo, Texas
“Back home but still craving that chicken fry and pecan pie!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I came to Austin for a conference and decided to try Moonshine...went in the pouring rain and had to wait almost an hour...worth every second of the wait!!! We had eaten steaks the night before and Mexican the previous night and wanted some good casual American dining and found it at the Moonshine. The menu wasn't over the top with choices but had a nice variety and I was tempted to order something with a little more flare than a chicken fried steak...I'm so glad I "settled" for this Texas classic. We had a chicken tortilla soup appetizer so good you want to slap your momma and then this marvel or perfectly battered and excellently spiced tender meat arrived and angels pulled back the curtains of heaven and the hand of God lowered this beautiful beast before me. As I type, my mouth fills with the saliva as I long for another taste...the only problem is the 100's of miles that stand between me and this savory temptation. Chicken fry, oh how I miss you and long to see you again....mmmmmm.....I'll kiss you softly and enjoy you like only I can. Also, the steak fries rocked, hard...all night baby. The pecan pie should be outlawed because it has the same addictive qualities as crack cocaine. The waitress, whose name was pronounced Devin but might be spelled differently was AMAZING AND DESERVES A RAISE OR PROMOTED (with a raise) or should have her name on the sign as part owner because she was cool, fun, normal - as in, she knows how to treat people in a way that makes them want to try things on the menu that she says are good...and because she was very friendly and helpful and prompt and polite and exactly what one hopes for in a waitress/future restaurant owner...plus, she was WAY, WAY cute!!!! Single boys need to step up their game. If I were single I'd be at Moonshine every night tipping heavy!!! Awesome experience, awesome food, more than awesome waitress-missing that chicken fry and Devin's casual, cute smile. Moonshine, time to expand to the Texas Panhandle!!! Amarillo calling....

Tampa, FL
“Great time”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went to Moonshine on a Friday night a couple of weeks ago. We had a party of 8 and had to wait a while for a table, but the patio bar made the wait bearable. The food was great and the service was outstanding.

Austin, Texas
“fun”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

best brunch in town if you can get in. there were about 60 people (no exaggeration) waiting last time i tried. snooty about seating incomplete parties. not the most handicapp friendly place. comfort food good. skillet apple pie yummy

Visited August 2012

Been to Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!