“Great bar with really good food”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,736 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
The Woodlands, TX
“Great bar with really good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We "hosted" an impromptu end of the ATX festival wrap-up drinks and bites party for about 30 folks. We took over two large tables and several seats at the bar and the staff was so kind and willing to put up with the big group. Our orders came out quickly and our bill was accurate. We were really surprised that they didn't tack on a "required tip"-- but the service was great and we made sure the wait staff received their fair share.

texas
“Ugh, I hate to give a bad review”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have eaten some great places and had some wonderful steaks, but unfortunately Roaring Fork missed the mark. To be fair, however, the filet was bad but the NY Strip was very good. I also have to say the mussels were great, the cornbread was good, and the mac and cheese was good. Unfortunately, however, I couldn't even eat my filet. I ordered it Medium and it came out completely burnt on the outside and tasted like I was eating propane. It was really gross. I didn't complain to management so I hate to give a bad review based on one steak. I would try the restaurant again in the future, but I do have a feeling this isn't really a steak place. The eminence was nice though.

• Visited June 2014
Oakland
“Lovely late dinner”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great location just a block from our hotel, The Driskill, so we popped in for a late dinner. Very cozy, quiet, nice ambiance. Knowledgeable staff who paid attention but were not at all intrusive. We were hungry for steak and had filets that were perfectly cooked. Our waiter, as soon as the runner served us, was there with a small flashlight, asking us to cut into our steaks to make certain that they were done to our liking. The plating was beautiful and our sides of freshly-cut-from-the-cob corn was served in a little iron pot. A nice wine list with moderate pricing had us choosing a beautiful California Cabernet. Dessert was creme brûlée and coffee. All for about $150 including tip.
We really enjoyed the roaring fork and when in Austin will return.

Nashville, Tennessee
“SLOW, SLOW, SLOW service - avg food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We had 7:30pm reservations and were seated promptly. However it was almost 50 minutes before the waiter took our order. After our order, we hadnto almost track him down to get anything else. 3 hours later and several hundred dollars later, we walked out feeling less than impressed. I got the "famous Big Burger," but it was very plain and needed tons of salt. It came with a side of fries, but I couldnt eat them because they were so tough. The burger bun was also soggy from all the grease coming from the meat. I would say to STAY AWAY from this place if you are downtown. There Re to many other options. On a side note, the restaurant decor was lovely.

East Texas
“Great Food and Drinks before a show”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We had drinks and dinner here with a friend before we went to a show next door.
My friend and I split the half chicken. It came with green beans and a stuffing. All were excellent and very tasty. My husband had the burger. WOW, what a burger. It was huge with several different toppings. He ordered it medium rare, which came out perfect.
The next time we are in the neighborhood I would not be surprised if we go here again.