“Excellence in Dining in Austin, TX!!!”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,871 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at the Roaring Fork in Austin, TX. We were celebrating our 45th Wedding Anniversary and wanted to dine somewhere special. With the help of TripAdvisor we found this wonderful Restaurant in downtown Austin! The service was excellent, the atmosphere was terrific, and the food was superb! The staff went out of the way to make this a special evening. I highly recommend this fine restaurant to any one looking for that "Special" evening!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went with a friend for a casual lunch. The waiter was dead on with his recommendations, and everything was excellent. During lunch they can be a little crowded, but that's to be expected, as it's very close to the Capitol. Highly recommend this for business lunches or couples. Not for children.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Having viewed the amazing bats swarming over the Colorado River at dusk, having walked the length of Congress Street from the river toward our car, and feeling a bit peckish, my wife and I peered into the main dining room of Roaring Fork Restaurant in Austin, Texas. The name sounded "inexpensive," but the tablecloths and low-lit stone fireplace looked "very expensive" to me. Not knowing whether we would get back to Austin, we ventured in and were met and served by very friendly wait staff. We decided to share one steak dinner,one salmon dinner, and an order of asparagus. Everything was cooked to perfection, the presentation was impeccable, and the portions were just right. The wine glasses were amply filled, and the apertifs were superb. Nothing could have been better, and we went back to our modest motel completely satisfied by our delightful evening in Austin.

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, friendly staff and great prices what else can you ask for?! I will def be back soon!!!#

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ambience - looks like stone feel. Even the washroom was very well designed.

Food - I chose the steak with no sides. medium rare was nicely done but personally feel the chef should have lessen the pepper during cooking.. abit too pepperish. Portion wise just nice, the steak was around 300gm. and i added a side, button mushroom. Again the portion was large and the button mushroom was juicy. My meal had a complementary of appertizer and cheese biscuits with raisins.

Service - The waiter and waitress was very friendly and welcoming. They always make sure everything is great.

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!