“Both the service and the steaks were "Well Done."”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,872 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Enjoyed an excellent meal and service. We both had fillet mignon and were not disappointed. Dessert was delicious.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Down by the capital, this restaurant is a little on the classier side but still casual (somewhat). The service was exceptional, and the menu had some interesting choices. Mostly the menu is a blend of American style fare (roasted chicken, steaks) rather than a specific country or region. The corn cakes were okay, possibly the only underwhelming aspect of the entire service. I opted for the fig salad and then the steak with asparagus. They were both incredible, but I was really impressed by the fig salad (or was it dates?). The steak was cooked perfectly, and the waiter insisted I cut into it and check it after he placed it down. The asparagus was a bit chewy and maybe a little bit colder than I expected. Neither are deal breakers, and my co-worker raved about how amazing the split chicken was. This was one of the best meals I had this trip, maybe not the best Ive ever had in Austin but definitely a top 10. It is a bit pricey, expect to spend $40 per person.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We loved our meal at the Roaring Fork. We had a group of four and made reservations early in our trip. We were warmly greeted and seated in a booth. The food was excellent. The service was attentive. Would definitely return!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

All the food was fabulous. The Executive Chef and his team put a different, flavorful twist on a lot of steakhouse and seafood favorites. The raw ingredients are carefully sourced from only the best places. For example, the fresh mussels were flown in from Massachusetts. Service was top notch. Nice wine list, not real large, but quite a number of varietals available by the glass. We were there on a Saturday night. Glad we had advance reservations!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I dont often use the word excellent in a Tripadvisor report but actually I am delighted to award this establishment such an accolade.
The crab cake starter was beautiful. The waiting staff, Amanda matched the crabcake and was incredibly helpful with the menu and tasting wines etc. I chose the trout because of previous reviews and OMG what an awesome trout. I also chose the pecan pie because of previous reviews. It was utterly stunning.
If you are a fussy, miserable diner who loves complaining, please go elsewhere. This establishment is top notch and only deserves those who enjoy superb food at a fair price.
Very good indeed.

1  Thank David M

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!