“Excellent. Really excellent. ”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,827 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I dont often use the word excellent in a Tripadvisor report but actually I am delighted to award this establishment such an accolade.
The crab cake starter was beautiful. The waiting staff, Amanda matched the crabcake and was incredibly helpful with the menu and tasting wines etc. I chose the trout because of previous reviews and OMG what an awesome trout. I also chose the pecan pie because of previous reviews. It was utterly stunning.
If you are a fussy, miserable diner who loves complaining, please go elsewhere. This establishment is top notch and only deserves those who enjoy superb food at a fair price.
Very good indeed.

1  Thank David M

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Ate here during SXSW and had an amazing meal. Skipped starters and just had steaks and sides...good choice as steaks were huge. Was really delicious. Our waitress was lovely too, incredibly polite and very efficient.

Only downside was a tall, broad man behind the bar...didn't seem to be particularly friendly and a little too aloof for my liking.

Great restaurant though.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I ate here last night at the tail end of the SXSW music festival. We wanted a quiet, classy, decent restaurant serving good food, well, with a decent and convivial atomosphere. Which is exactly what we found. We walked in (admittedly on a Sunday night), were immediately seated in a booth (which are nice and intiimate, as booths should be). The lighting is low but not gloomy, the menu is extensive but not overwhelming, and the prices are inline with the quality of the food and the restaurant over all; that is, not cheap but not eye watering either.

We both had the burger, which is large and beautifully cooked and then the creme brulee (tasty, but not served warm as it would be in France) and the Huckleberry Cheesecake, which my girlfriend enjoyed but could not finish (they boxed it up for us to take away - nice box, classy touch).

This restaurant is a favourite of a friend of mine who lives in Austin and I can see why. A little off the 6th street beaten track and none the worse for it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had a great experience here during SXSW week. No problems getting a reservation. Loved the Texas decor and the service. Relatively quiet compared to most Austin restaurants in the downtown area. I had the iceberg wedge, the crusted ahi special, and the mixed seasonal vegetables, all were excellent. The flourless chocolate tort dessert is huge, could easily be shared by 2 or 3 people -- a word to the wise.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Happened to be walking by at lunchtime and decided to give it a try. I had the fish tacos and my husband had the green chili enchiladas. We both loved our lunch. Great atmosphere and great service too. Highly recommend!

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!