“AMAZING!”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed December 31, 2013

You may think that this review will be blowing things out of proportion. Trust me I am not, my husband and my in-laws we here for Christmas Eve Dinner and we can not help but rave about the food an service. We were 30 minutes early to our reservation and we were going to sit in the bar and have a drink but the host sat us early which was wonderful! The waiter we had was exceptional! He knew the menu and how dishes were cooked and the tastes of the food. He recommended different wines to pair with the food we ordered. The appetizer of Lamb Chops and cheese queso with squash and bread was to die for, usually the appetizer came with 3 chops and he added a 4th one for us since we were a table of 4. My in-laws had the grouper and my husband and I had the steak, which was to die for! They also have Huckleberry cheese cake which is a rare rare find down here away from the Pacific Northwest. The waiter even gave us extra Huckleberry sauce! One of the BEST meals we have EVER had in our lives let alone in Austin. Please take the time and go to this restaurant they are Amazing!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Without a reservation there was a bit of a wait, but well worth it. The steaks were perfect and the chicken was tender and juicy. The soups were good, and a great complement to the meals and salads we enjoyed. Of all the courses, the soups were the only items that were not head and shoulders above others.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This was well recommended and while we under dressed we where well looked after. It is not a cheap night out but it was satisfying and worth the money. Everything was prepared to perfection. This is from the guacamole to the kids chicken fingers to the sides. The filet melted in your mouth.
Definitely plan to go back.

1  Thank Newnhamp
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We arrived early for dinner. Happy Hour was in fully swing. I ordered a couple of mojitos -- competent and tasty, but not the best I've ever had. (That honor goes to a spot in the Caribbean so it may be unfair to expect similar excellence from a spot in central Texas.) We had reservations and I'm glad we did -- this place fills up and you're probably not getting in without one. We were seated promptly. Since steak is the specialty of the house, I had a small filet along with jalapeno mac-and-cheese. Both were excellent. The steak, in particular, was tender, crunchy with flavoring on the outside, and warm and meaty on the inside. The mac-and-cheese was a bit rich for me. However, the entire meal left me feeling content, happy, and slightly buzzed from an evening well spent.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went there with some co-workers on a business trip, so it wasn't on my dime. Prices are a bit higher than I would pay for myself, but the food was insanely good. I had the pork shoulder carnitas and was blown away! They were extraordinary. Everyone else's food looked great and they all had great things to say about their meals. In need of a special dinner place? Hit 'em up, you won't be disappointed! :)