“Delicious food, pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,871 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great selection of food choices and the staff were pleasant and attentive. The food was delicious and afterward we went for a stroll down the happnin' 7th street for the night life.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at Roaring Fork on Congress. Food was delicious, wine was perfect (recommended by our waiter), and service was great! No complaints at all!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

A few of our friends suggested Roaring Fork when we told them we would be visiting Austin, of course we had to try it. We ate there on a Monday afternoon so there were lots of people in semi-professional clothes. I don't think there's a dress code per se, but we did feel under-dressed since my bf and I were both wearing flip flops and shorts (it was close to 100 degrees and we were about to drive to San Antonio, hence the comfortable clothes).

Fyi, roaring Fork is located at the InterContinental Hotel. There are lots of seating even though it looks kind of small from first glance. The decor is earthy, like bringing outdoors Austin inside. The walls and columns are composed of stones, wood decorations, orange/brown chairs and white table cloth. Although our drink did need a reminder, our waiter was very professional and attentive.

After hearing the special of the day and looking over the lunch menu, I ordered the Grilled Salmon over rice with Mexican Street Corn while my bf ordered the Tortilla Soup, Grilled Fish Tacos and Green Chili Mac & Cheese. My salmon dish was quite good, especially the sauce, and reasonably priced at $15. I loved the corn! I don't know how it was prepared but it has a smokey smell as if the corn was actually grilled. My bf liked his tortilla soup and fish tacos very much. The mac & cheese's flavor was good, just a tiny bit spicy, but the cheese was too rich for our taste (the cheese was very dense).

Overall, Roaring Fork is a very good restaurant and I recommend it when you're in Austin. If you like corn, make sure you order the Mexican Street Corn.

1  Thank TJ T
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my wife's choice for a birthday celebration and she definitely made the right choice. From valet service upon arrival to exit the experience was excellent. Everyone was genuinely friendly and helpful. Our server did an outstanding job of helping us with menu choices and delivery of courses. The environment is very attractive, not dated and stale as some establishments. Everyone in our party was absolutely satisfied with the dishes which were prepared as requested. The Roaring Fork on Congress is a true gem and if you have the opportunity to go don't pass it up.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a great filet with asparagus on the side recently at this Roaring Fork. I ordered my filet mignon medium rare, and it was served perfectly medium rare. The asparagus was al dente and perfectly seasoned.

The downtown Austin location puts the North Austin location to shame in quality of food and service. I must give credit to the management.

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!