“Good but not great”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Decent food but the staff does not handle crowds or busy days well. I had to find someone to help me be seated and ended up eating somewhere else.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We began with a shared BLT salad which was very good even if small. My wife ordered a filet and I went for the strip steak. We shared side dishes of Mexican corn and mashed Yukon gold potatoes. The steaks were cooked to perfection and were of great quality. The Mexican corn is a wonderful side to try. Not your common corn. Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went here with clients because one of my coworkers couldn’t stop talking about the beef jerky they serve in the bar. First they were out of the jerky. They are known for this but are out, I should have known to turn around and walk away. I was not impressed at all. The restaurant itself is pretty nice looking, though very large. I ordered the special; of the day, a mixed grill plate. It was not cheap, the Elgin Sausage was way over cooked and burned. The other meat was way over cooked and very small portions. I wont mind the expense if the food was actually good. The overall quality of food is just poor and dull. I thought the wine list was a little pricy too. Can't say I'd recommend it or be returning ever again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I ordered the Carnitas from the menu at dinner. Huge portion that I could not finish! It was excellent!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

really disappointing meal ...very average. Husband had the steak special with a side salad. I had the fish tacos. They were good, but not great considering we were in Austin and lots of Tex-Mex restaurant choices.

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!