“Something for everyone”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: University of Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This cafe was recommended to me by my daughter and later a friend suggested we meet there for lunch, so now I was really curious. We got lucky in that there was a cancelation, and were seated after a short wait. It is popular, so I would recommend making reservations for your visit. We were a party of three each ordering different entrees and all of us had a delicious lunch. I also recommend the desserts!

1  Thank Stella M
There are newer reviews for Eastside Cafe

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We visit Austin every year, and we go to this place for dinner. Amazing food and great service. Corn bread and butler is always a warm start. All the main dishes are always tasty.

1  Thank Traveler K
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant is in a house, so it has a lot of charm and atmosphere. We were seated in the front room. I think there were only four or five tables there, so the room felt very cozy. We enjoyed the food too. I particularly liked my salad and the panko and pecan-encrusted chicken with mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and well plated! And the server was attentive too. This seems the perfect place to go when I want to dress nicely but not too fancy (some people were very casual but I felt fine in a skirt and heels), or when I don't want to go to a fine-dining establishment, yet want really good food. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

After coming here for years, I never tire of eating here. I know the food is watched over with TLC every step of the way. Not many restaurants can boast a kitchen staff that has been with them for many years and care so much about every aspect of my experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have eaten here for years and love it - recently tried the Chocolate Silk Pie. To. Die. For. A fresh pot of decaf and a relaxing atmosphere where the dining room is quiet enough to hear your own conversation!

Been to Eastside Cafe? Share your experiences!