“Third visit "always a special place"”
Review of Eastside Cafe

Eastside Cafe
Ranked #70 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: University of Texas
“Third visit "always a special place"”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We visit Austin every year, and we go to this place for dinner. Amazing food and great service. Corn bread and butler is always a warm start. All the main dishes are always tasty.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Traveler K

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Quaint and charming”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant is in a house, so it has a lot of charm and atmosphere. We were seated in the front room. I think there were only four or five tables there, so the room felt very cozy. We enjoyed the food too. I particularly liked my salad and the panko and pecan-encrusted chicken with mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and well plated! And the server was attentive too. This seems the perfect place to go when I want to dress nicely but not too fancy (some people were very casual but I felt fine in a skirt and heels), or when I don't want to go to a fine-dining establishment, yet want really good food. I would recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“Home cooking with flair”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After coming here for years, I never tire of eating here. I know the food is watched over with TLC every step of the way. Not many restaurants can boast a kitchen staff that has been with them for many years and care so much about every aspect of my experience.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“A lovely spot for dessert and coffee with a friend”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have eaten here for years and love it - recently tried the Chocolate Silk Pie. To. Die. For. A fresh pot of decaf and a relaxing atmosphere where the dining room is quiet enough to hear your own conversation!

Visited October 2013
las vegas, nv
“Nothing exceptional.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Close to the university we met some friends there for lunch. I had the pot stickers which were just OK, wife had a salad. There emphasis would seem to be we grow our own, veggies that is. Probably would never have gone there is it wasn't suggested.

Visited September 2013