“Wonderful Cherry Cobler!”

Neighborhood: University of Texas
Austin, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Cherry Cobler!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've been eating here about once a month for 3 years. This restaurant is consistently good. I really like the Field Greens salad, the veggie burger, soup and many other entries (they change). The people are friendly and the restored house is comfortable. They grow many of their herbs and salad greens and vegetables in the garden in back of the restaurant. My husband and I ate there this weekend and we ordered the Cherry cobbler for dessert, this turned out to be one of the best cobblers I have ever tasted, light on dough, big on Cherries! This was one of the first "Green" restaurants in Austin.

• Visited October 2013

Austin, Texas
“A Lovely Dinner Despite Fighting UT Football Traffic.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Note to self, never make reservations at a restaurant that is located close to UT's Memorial Stadium on game night. Okay, now that we're past that, let's discuss dinner. I took my husband to Eastside Cafe for his birthday after reading so many wonderful reviews.

It was a busy evening and we were seated in the Garden Room, though I secretly really wanted to be inside the main house from a quaintness perspective. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and helpful.

My husband ordered the pork tenderloin with gorgonzola cream sauce and garlic mashed potatoes, which was one of their specials. I chose the rosemary skewered pork tenderloin with balsamic butter glaze and mashed sweet potatoes. My husband's meal with definitely 5 star, perfectly cooked and delicious. Mine was 4 star, the pork was overcooked but the balsamic butter dipping sauce was amazing. We split the silk pie for dessert which was ridiculously decadent.

I'm looking forward to returning to this great place again and trying something completely different like the grilled meatloaf or mushroom crepes!

• Visited September 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Delightful ladies lunch... or soup”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Perfect for a light meal in quaint setting, Service gracious and timely. All menu items very fresh and seasonal. Known for their creative soups. Parking is a bit quirky. Our group included two teens, a couple and a vegetarian and all ate very well. Nice wine list and rotating wines by the glass on the chalk board. Cute house setting...

Rockingham, Australia
“Wow what a find!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Thanks again trip advisor, super attentive service, the panKo chicken with garlic mash was amazing. Vegetarian and gluten free options available also. I would recommend this as a must try!

Portland, Oregon
“Fresh food and a homey atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Eastside cafe as a single traveler that doesn't like to eat out alone. I went for dinner based on another review here saying that being a singleton wasn't awkward here. Totally worth it! Fresh veggies prepared well. I had the chicken enchiladas and beet salad. The verde sauce was great. Too often enchiladas are covered in gloppy cheese. Not these! The sauce and fillings were the stars of the show. My heirloom tomato salad was a little sad looking but tasted great. I also ordered a lemosa (dozen lemonade and sparkling wine). Just what the doctor ordered. I would certainly come again when in Austin. I'd also bring friends!