“Best food my French companion had in the U.S.”
Review of Eastside Cafe

Eastside Cafe
Ranked #70 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: University of Texas
Burlington, Vermont
“Best food my French companion had in the U.S.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After a year of eating TexMex in Austin, my French companion reveled at the food at Eastside Cafe. I enjoyed my meal but was a bit disappointed in that I could have had the same meal on the East coast. The place is homey and the service is warm and attentive. While Eastside aspire, by pricing, to be fine dining, it fell a bit short. Everything was tasty, but not memorable, even though I ordered what the waitress said were specialties. I can imagine that vegetarians might like the inventive dishes here. Sorry I couldn't have been more enthusiastic. My friend's excellent and my average, averaged out to be "very good"!

• Visited June 2012

Austin, Texas
“Fresh, Full Flavored Goodness”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I tried Eastside for the first time last week and it was amazing!! No wonder this place constantly has a long wait... Everything is organic (much of it from their garden) and it really makes a difference in the flavor. This place has something for everyone, vegans, paleos, etc. Highly recommended!

Austin, TX
“I love this restaurant”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is the quintessential laid back Austin restaurant located 5 minutes from UT just east of the Interstate. My go to place when entertaining out of town guests. Fresh, tasty, healthy food. A nice rotation of homemade soups. Make sure to plan your visit with enough time to walk through the garden and visit the chickens.

Visited May 2012
“A+ Experience”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been eating at Eastside Cafe for many years although I live two hours away. I have taken every relative and friend who travels to Austin with me. Last Tuesday evening, I brought three friends together. The atmosphere was relaxed and homelike, and Although many other patrons were there, we were encouraged to take our time...where does that ever happen these days? What a place! Did I mention everything they make is delicious? Recommend: wild mushroom crepes, manicotti, crusted catfish, acorn squash, and of course, the feta cheese dressing. Room for dessert? Chocolate Torte with raspberry purée.

Austin
“long-standing Austin favorite”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Eastside cafe is famous for serving fresh veggies right from the garden on the grounds. It's an east-Austin favorite not far from the UT campus and downtown. Can be busy at lunch but worth the wait!

Visited October 2011