“Not Done With This Menu”

Hyde Park Bar & Grill
Order Online
Ranked #172 of 3,980 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Cross street: 42nd
Transit: On Capital Metro route, #7 Duval / Dove Springs from downtown Austin.
Description: Since our opening in 1982, Hyde Park Bar & Grill has been determined to bring you delicious high quality food at a moderate price. People need to believe in something, and we believe good value, friendly service and a relaxed casual atmosphere will keep bringing you back. We are dedicated to serving you quality, handcrafted food using the freshest ingredients available. Our restaurant is open at 11:00 a.m. every day for lunch and dinner serving a traditional and eclectic mix of appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, steaks, seafood, pasta and our award winning french fries. Our mission is to be the place you eat when you dine away from home. Thanks for choosing Hyde Park Bar & Grill.
Reviewed November 27, 2016

This place is the ultimate comfort food restaurant. I was so excited to be there the minute I looked over the excellent selection in the menu, that I knew I had to come back several times to try more. I ate here three times over the next four days and was never disappointed. The chicken and waffles was excellent! I highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2016
Lucy F, Public Relations Manager at Hyde Park Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Hi Linda! Thanks for your kind words. Come back any time!

Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Best chicken fried steak for miles!! Jalapeño cornbread super yummy too. Buttermilk french fries a must as well. Located in a quaint part of the city in an old home. Just look for the big fork!

Date of visit: November 2016
Hannah S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyde Park Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Thanks so much, JunctionGirl! Sorry for the delayed response- but I did want to make sure I took a moment to tell you how much we appreciate it! Come home to Hyde Park again, soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Best french fries. Crispy with a great dipping sauce. Enjoyed their blackened fish tacos. Shared dark chocolate cake covered in ganache and the banana cream pie with tons of fresh whipping cream. Loved them both!

Date of visit: October 2016

Thanks a bunch, Audrey! The fries are definitely a favorite around town, and glad you liked them too, as well as our lovely desserts! Come back anytime. :)

Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

I have been coming to Hyde Park for decades. The food is fresh and tasty. You can hear the conversation with your friends and family. It's just delightful.
I went for lunch. I had the Sonora salad and steamed dumplings. The dumplings were hot and moist and the sauce was nicely spiced. The salad was fresh with nice pickled onions, black beans, and a mild cheese. My friend had a burger and fries. These were also very good. We did not lick our plates, but there were only a few crumbs left. I also had coffee which was fresh and strong.
Full and happy.

Date of visit: October 2016

Well thank you so much Leela, I am glad to hear you were so pleased with your visit! Don't be embarrassed to lick the plate clean, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened at Hyde Park. ;) Come back anytime!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Met up with some great friends today and had a wonderful lunch at Hyde Park. We ordered their famous French Fries which are out of this world and then Onion Rings, Artichokes then came our main meal. The food was fresh, tasty and reasonable.

Thanks for a great experience

Date of visit: September 2016

You are very welcome! And of course, thank you! We aim to please. Hope you and your friends come back again, soon!