“Very nice neighborhood restaurant”

Hyde Park Bar & Grill
Order Online
Ranked #172 of 3,973 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Cross street: 42nd
Transit: On Capital Metro route, #7 Duval / Dove Springs from downtown Austin.
Description: Since our opening in 1982, Hyde Park Bar & Grill has been determined to bring you delicious high quality food at a moderate price. People need to believe in something, and we believe good value, friendly service and a relaxed casual atmosphere will keep bringing you back. We are dedicated to serving you quality, handcrafted food using the freshest ingredients available. Our restaurant is open at 11:00 a.m. every day for lunch and dinner serving a traditional and eclectic mix of appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, steaks, seafood, pasta and our award winning french fries. Our mission is to be the place you eat when you dine away from home. Thanks for choosing Hyde Park Bar & Grill.
Reviewed September 29, 2016

Relaxed atmosphere, very good service, generous portions and tasty comfort food. Forget the calories, dishes are so delicious and satisfying one can eat guilt free. The fries are a must have!

Date of visit: August 2016
Hannah S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyde Park Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Hehe well thank you very much! So glad we could fill your comfort food needs! Come back anytime!

Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed September 26, 2016

Our group of 4 went for lunch on a Friday. We were seated right away. Food was very good. Servings were very big. Easily could have taken some to go. I had fish tacos and my wife had the grilled chicken guacamole sandwich. Both were excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2016

Apologies for the late response, David! But I definitely wanted to take a minute to tell you how much we appreciate the feedback! You are awesome, and we hope to see you and your wife come in again, soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at this place countless times. There almost always seems to be a wait (it is that good), but not excessively so.

To me, their signature is their fries. Beyond great.

They have an extensive menu of "comfort food", from sandwiches to chicken and pasta, etc.

The atmosphere is nice (I think an old house that has been expanded a few times), the service is pleasant, and the bartender is a master.

If you get a chance to go here, you should jump at the chance. I am from Austin, and have been going here for many, many years. Don't be surprised if the Owner seats you, too.

Date of visit: June 2016

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm sorry that it got skipped over somehow... But I wanted to take a moment to tell you how much we appreciate it, and YOU! Our fries are absolutely a favorite around Hyde Park, and I'm glad to hear you like them, too. Please continue to come back anytime!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

This neighborhood favorite was independently recommended by three different persons. We only had hamburgers, but they were well prepared, flavorful, and promptly served. The value was good. We will be coming back.

Date of visit: August 2016

Apologies for a delayed response! I wanted to take a moment to tell you thank you for the feedback and that we appreciate it, and YOU! We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

We ate here after a college night at a local hotel. We were surprised that there was no wait time, it was about 9:30 p.m. We ordered an appetizer that was not brought out until after our main dishes were served. The ambiance is quite eclectic and is a fair representation of Austin's artsy vibe that permeates much of the city.

The food was good, and our party of 6 ate for a little under $100.00 including tip. The food is pretty much Americana with an Austin twist of hippie here and there. Think vegan inspired cuisine, with traditional hamburgers for those with the need for a meaty meal. Overall a good experience, even with the delayed chips and queso.

Date of visit: August 2016

Sorry this response is so delayed, somehow this got skipped. However, I did want to take a moment to tell you that we appreciate your feedback, and YOU! I don't know what happened to cause your appetizer to come AFTER your main dish, but I appreciate you being so understanding about it. Hopefully that doesn't happen next time, you come in! Look forward to serving you and your friends again, soon.